Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,198   Online: 812

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you all for the replies. It looks like the system still works, I'll just keep doing what I did until it doesn't work anymore and pray that a tornado doesn't take out Dwayne's.

About Parsons, KS from Wikipedia:
    On April 19, 2000, an F3 tornado cut a devastating path of destruction through the center of Parsons. Eight hundred homes, one hundred twenty businesses, hundreds of vehicles were destroyed or damaged.

In June 2008, new ownership of the daily newspaper, The Parsons Sun, began monthly charges for access to its internet site, making it one of the very few online newspapers to do so.

Parsons is the home of Dwayne's Photo, which is the last processor of K-14 Kodachrome film in the United States, and one of only 2 left in the world as of September 2008.

It also looks like K64 will be around for at least another year and I have enough mailers to keep me happy.

Indeed, happy shooting.

Terry

Shooter
    Multi Format

FYI Dwaynes does NOT process KODACHROME anymore

However, they gave me a number to a lab in North Dakota to process KODACHROME but in b/w only (even though it is shot in color...)
    I have yet to send my roll there, but I figure it is worth a shot since no where else seems to process this anymore.

Film Rescue 1 800 329 8988 Discount code-G97N3-DP

Shooter
    35mm
    I think you'll find that the Kodachrome enthusiasts in APUG have lalready covered the discontinuance of Dwaynes processing at a record length (all 301 pages!) in

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/6...rome-film.html

Thanks for the note re. the B&W processing option. There is actually also a separate thread on this for those wanting to try a DIY process.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah, I guess I didn't click on all of the pages...oh well it is just an FYI for any other people recently joining this website. Thanks for the info

Shooter
    35mm
    No prob....and welcome to the site. There's a huge amount of useful stuff here on every aspect of analog. (And a few gripes and grumbles sometimes...)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mr. Admin,

Please lock/close this thread. Let's let Kodachrome RIP.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin