Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,494   Posts: 1,597,797   Online: 810

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I have been using Kodak's RA-4 chemicals in trays at room temperature without any problems, and the prints look great; simply extend the development and bleach times to two minutes. Definitely a much cheaper way to go than the room temperature kits, and the chemicals seem to last a lot longer in an open tray than the 4 hours and 15 8x10's Kodak states.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry to revive this thread, but I need some info. I see it mentioned here that the starter isn't necessary when using kodak chemistry. Is this true? Would I be fine just purchasing
    http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/KP04043/
    and
    http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/KP04045/
    ?

Do I need a stop bath, and if I do, can I just use water?

Thanks, Nate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that is the stuff. I just use dilute white vinegar, as I don't know if the indicator in Kodak's product is compatible with the process. Just be very consistent in agitation and temp control.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are other threads on this. I use Kodak indicator stop bath after the developer, and then a water rinse before the bleach/fix. I use separate mixes of stop bath for colour and b&w, just in case some of the carry-over of colour developer might react with b&w papers.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin