Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,836   Online: 1139

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Limit of enlargement is directly tied to viewing distance, not film grain. Nobody sticks their nose in a 16x20 or 20x24.

I agree with others here that this looks like something inherited during the A->D conversion (scanner).
    "Nobody ever sticks their nose into 20"x16" or 16X24", you can't have seen photograpic competition judges.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This discussion will be academic soon because Fuji have discontinued Reala, a film I love, I've had stunning 15" x12" conventional optical prints from the pro lab I use from 35mm, and even better "20X16" from 120 Reala, I'm so analogue I don't own a scanner so I can't say what how it scans, but I can say that if it's used in the conventional way it isn't grainy at all.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-12-2010 at 12:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    120 is discontinued too? In another thread lilserenity got a reply from Fuji UK and they claim Reala 120 is a big seller and remains on sale:

Reala 120 is a big seller and will continue to be imported into the UK
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...tml#post964602
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    120 is discontinued too? In another thread lilserenity got a reply from Fuji UK and they claim Reala 120 is a big seller and remains on sale:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...tml#post964602
    I thought they were discussing 35mm Steve, Reala 120 as you write as far as I know will continue, but the story seems to be different in different country s,and who is asking them.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    135 Reala is continuing too but only in 36 exposure rolls.

Don't go spreading rumours...!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuikopath View Post

It is continuing to be made, yes. But the 35mm is not going to be imported into the UK. Hopefully it'll still be imported into the Continent and maybe we can buy it from Maco or Fotoimpex.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuikopath View Post

Reala is continuing in 120 only, in the U.K Fuji say they are not selling enough in the format to justify importing it http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...or-pro-30.html
    Last edited by benjiboy; 04-13-2010 at 08:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Im resurrecting this thread, as its got one of the best comparisons of films done to date. Google has got very forgetful in the last 12 months!

Any update on the REALA test?

Daniel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reala 120 is very easy to find here in China.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Hopefully it'll still be imported into the Continent and maybe we can buy it from Maco or Fotoimpex.
    Yes from what was said by the APUGer reporting on Photokina, it may be that Germany remains the bright spot in the analogue market

pentaxuser

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin