Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,359   Online: 725

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shipping Sheet Film for Processing?

Up to now I have been processing most film at home but would like to send some sheet film out for processing---What is the process for doing this because at home I just take the holder in my darkroom and go about my business.

I know dumb question, but you don't know what you don't know

Robert

PS:Also mail order E-6 labs?? For sheet film? Recomendations please..
    There are never any bad ideas just the lack of will to execute them..............

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Generally I save the bags and boxes from the sheet film, and I would put the sheets back inside the bag, inside the box, and tape all round and CLEARLY label..exposed film for processing, open only in darkness. Then I would put this in a shipping envelope. This is how I used to do it when I worked for an advertising agency. I would never send a film holder.

Can't help you with processing recommendations. I have processed my own for 30 years. all types.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been having fun with this as I am on my first box of E-6 4x5. Right now I am using the bag that color photographic paper comes in for labs, but that is not practical for mailing in the tiny 4x5 box sized pre-stamped envelopes that were given to me by a nice send out lab.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert,
    If you follow Phototone's method above, Dale Labs (www.dalelabs.com) in Hollywood, FL will take care of developing/printing as you need. That packing method is what they expect to receive when customers send in their E6. I used to live close to them a few years ago, and that's how I delivered mine when walking in. Seal securely. Label clearly if film is different type or exposed differently than box speed. If you exposed differently than box speed, label with push/pull plus however many stops you need.
    Chris

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've rarely bothered with the bag. I just put the film back into the box, and label it that they are loose in the box so they dont open it expecting a bag and inadvertently scatter them. I've never had a problem, except when I opened a box in the light once...even then only a few were completely ruined.

Wayne

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin