Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,605   Posts: 1,622,577   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fujifilm Sensia

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I wasn't implying that that was your purpose or intentions. I'm just saying that's how it's interpreted here.

Knowing that your intentions are to achieve an effect you have seen, seriously, get some sensia and beg your local minilab to run it for you and print it. or get your own C41 press kit and develop it yourself. have fun.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    I wasn't implying that that was your purpose or intentions. I'm just saying that's how it's interpreted here.

Knowing that your intentions are to achieve an effect you have seen, seriously, get some sensia and beg your local minilab to run it for you and print it. or get your own C41 press kit and develop it yourself. have fun.
    I doubt many labs will want to cross process a film, because it may affect their chemistries, although, if they are about to mix fresh they may be willing to run it through the old chemistries, which they are going to toss anyway. If one wants to do this kind of thing on a regular basis, then they need to home process anyway.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While the insistence that you try it and see yourself may seem hostile (and some of the responses have been leaning in that direction) it really is the only way. Photography can be unpredictable, and cross processing especially varies quite a bit. Your mileage can and will vary - this is the same thing you'll hear when asking what Film X will look like when developed in Super Developer Y. Trying it for yourself is really the only reliable way to see what you'll like. If photography was a truly exact science it'd all be a far more boring hobby.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

I personally think you would be better served getting some different slide films, shooting them, and getting them cross-processed to see the look each one gives, rather than deciding you like a particular look and trying to recreate it.

As someone has mentioned, flickr is a useful resource to get an idea of how different films look when cross-processed (try searching sensia and cross-processed (or xpro) for example)

Have fun!

Shooter
    35mm
    Try Kodachrome 64, if you'd like to see how unique film can be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ilovekodachrome: Kodachrome cannot be cross-processed.

wogster: Cross processing will NOT damage chemicals. That's a myth. Call Kodak and ask them. I used to work in a lab and we did it fairly often with no problems at all.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    ilovekodachrome: Kodachrome cannot be cross-processed.

wogster: Cross processing will NOT damage chemicals. That's a myth. Call Kodak and ask them. I used to work in a lab and we did it fairly often with no problems at all.
    Whether it does or not, a lot of people think it does, and are therefore unwilling to try it.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If any lab is ill-informed enough to deny you cross processing, go to another lab! If they do not know that cross processing will not harm their chemistry, then it means they have not read Kodak's C-41 data sheet (Technical Publication Z-131 or something like that), which means you should not trust them with your irreplaceable film. The same places that will deny you cross processing are the same places that stretch their chemicals and never clean their rollers...far worse transgressions than running some E-6 film through their machine.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 12-27-2008 at 11:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin