Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,683   Posts: 1,669,361   Online: 746

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fujifilm Sensia

Shooter
    35mm

Fujifilm Sensia

Hullo! I took this photo (http://jefffitzgerald.deviantart.com...-HDR-107413465) on my dSLR and was playin' around with the different simulated films in the ALien Skin Photoshop plugin "Exposure 2" and really, really liked the look of the (simulated) cross-processed Fuji Sensia. Is this an accurate simulation of xpro'd Sensia? If not, what kind of film would give me a similar effect? Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why don't you try it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerplayer269 View Post
    Hullo! I took this photo (http://jefffitzgerald.deviantart.com...-HDR-107413465) on my dSLR and was playin' around with the different simulated films in the ALien Skin Photoshop plugin "Exposure 2" and really, really liked the look of the (simulated) cross-processed Fuji Sensia. Is this an accurate simulation of xpro'd Sensia? If not, what kind of film would give me a similar effect? Thanks!
    Yeah, sure, whatever.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think you forgot the sarcasm smiley face.

Choose "edit" in your original post, position your cursor after the exclamation point, add a space or two and the smiles are on the right you'll see the one that looks like this " :rolleyes: " click once then be sure to save the post.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    you may find that somebody who comes into the Analog(!) photo users group and advertises that they have taken a digital picture and simulated the effect of film on it may not be accepted fully. just a thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i usually use the plug in when i make coffee.
    i plug in the coffee maker and either pop out a shot of espresso
    or wait for the joe machine to stop bubbling.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    you may find that somebody who comes into the Analog(!) photo users group and advertises that they have taken a digital picture and simulated the effect of film on it may not be accepted fully. just a thought.

Sorry! I didn't mean it to be like that. I only posted the photo so that you could see the colors I'm trying to get. I simulated it because I don't have the film, not because I think digital is better or because I want to take a short cut or whatever you're thinking. And to tiberiustibz, I probably will, but money is a bit tight right now and there aren't any camera stores around here that sell Sensia so I'd have to buy it online. I figured I could save some money/time by asking someone who may have cross processed this film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry! I didn't mean it to be like that. I only posted the photo so that you could see the colors I'm trying to get. I simulated it because I don't have the film, not because I think digital is better or because I want to take a short cut or whatever you're thinking. And to tiberiustibz, I probably will, but money is a bit tight right now and there aren't any camera stores around here that sell Sensia so I'd have to buy it online. I figured I could save some money/time by asking someone who may have cross processed this film.

hey pokerplayer --

hunt photo in melrose is a little bit away from you,
    but they probably have sensia either short date or in stock.

go to their website or call them. i get film from them often
    and they usually have very good deals.

have fun!

john

ps. jdc (john callow) one of the mods here is a cross processing guru.
    he might know what film will give you the effect you are looking for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Few thoughts pokerplayer.

Please lurk and learn, this is a great place but most of us are not trying to imitate anything digital.

Check out flickr and use search terms like "Velvia" and "Sensia" and "Provia" and "400h" ... see if there's a color pallet you like there.

After that order the film and start playing.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Few thoughts pokerplayer.

Please lurk and learn, this is a great place but most of us are not trying to imitate anything digital.
    Well I'm not really trying to imitate digital as the digital is an imitation of the film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin