Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,403   Online: 1066

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've sent them an email on this.

Their reply was that "the price is wrong and should be much lower and they'll fix it, eventually. And btw, it's a low volume product, would you like to bulk order?"

Strange kind of low volume product that can be bulk-ordered...
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nsouto View Post

Their reply was that "the price is wrong and should be much lower and they'll fix it, eventually. And btw, it's a low volume product, would you like to bulk order?"

Strange kind of low volume product that can be bulk-ordered...
    Perhaps, given a product with "low volume" sales (and most current maximum K64 expiry dates are less than 12 months) , they don't hold huge stocks, and they're inviting you to place a special bulk-order with some discount?

Sounds fair to me.....most of the UK mail order suppliers offer quite good discounts for 5 or 10 of one kind of film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm sure it was a mistake. Despite their spotty online catalogue and weird retail shop out in the hinterland of god-forsaken, stripmall new jersey, Unique Photo is an incredibly reliable retailer of traditional material. They are in many ways the Freestyle of the East Coast (but with better prices) by virtue of the fact that they supply the majority of schools on the east coast with chemistry, film, and paper. The difference is the lack of advertising and the self-congratulatory "we're committed to traditional materials" attitude. I discovered them when I was searching high and low for an ilford 2150xl chem. kit. Not only did they have it in stock but it was $10 less than B and H (and they won't ship 'em). They also sell kodak endura papers 15% less than what b and h charges. Call and dial ext. 209 and talk to Gene. He's the man!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle has K64 listed twice at $8.09+ and K64 professional listed at $12.99I did not know that there is a KC 64 professional. Has Kodak released a fresh batch, anyone seen a experation date beyond 2009?

Shooter
    35mm
    The Pro version is definitely no longer available in the UK. As I mentioned above, the UK films are all the standard version and all include the processing and card mounting by Dwaynes for a best price currently around $12 equivalent.

The only extra cost is a postage stamp (72 pence - about $1) to Kodak in Switzerland.

My most recent purchase last week was expiry 12/2009, but I've seen mention on one of the other groups of 03/2010.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    The Pro version is definitely no longer available in the UK. As I mentioned above, the UK films are all the standard version and all include the processing and card mounting by Dwaynes for a best price currently around $12 equivalent.

The only extra cost is a postage stamp (72 pence - about $1) to Kodak in Switzerland.

My most recent purchase last week was expiry 12/2009, but I've seen mention on one of the other groups of 03/2010.
    I though Kodak Switzerland was no longer processing K 14.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post

That's correct, but you still mail your film to the address in Switzerland, where it is bulk shipped to Dwaynes in the USA.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    As I said in my last post, the processing and mounting is done by Dwaynes (returned in their box and mounts)....in the UK (and presumably Europe generally?) we post our films to Kodak in Lausanne, they ship to and from Kansas, and post the slides back from Switzerland.
    The mailing envelopes supplied with the films have the Lausanne address.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin