Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,355   Posts: 1,682,638   Online: 1000

Shooter
    Multi Format

Any ideas what these marks are?

Ignore the blue cast. Look at the ghost like marks. Processing fault of mine again? They are the last frames on a 120 roll, all other frames are fine.

Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0095.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Steve, it is a contax 645. All the other frames were fine though, however the film was a rewind from a yashica matt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Which camera were these exposures made on? And were they made on a tripod with longer shutter speeds? Could be light leaking in from the viewfinder. But definitely wreaks of light leak.
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, thought it might be, several oppertunities for that to have happened during unloading and spoiling of film.. Just if it was developing problem I'd have been really stumpped and afraid to develop more.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It might be caused by the overexposed part of the upper frame. The light that came almost directly in to the frame caused that kind of in-camera reflection, one also can see it on the left side, over the text. The sunlight cane in by the 3/4 right side (see the shadows) and was reflected by the subject, perhaps the window, directly into the lens. In the frame it self, the scattering of the light can be seen as a triangular shaped white spot in the fence and over the shadow-mark of the tree.
    And there is always a little reflection inside the film-holder, just enough to cause a problem on an other frame.
    This is what I suppose might be the problem, I hope it helps.

Good luck in 2009,

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do not share this view.
    There are two artefacts in two frames, though this does not necessarily exclude partially overexposure during both exposures. Though the center seems to be in the upper frame.
    I am not sure whether a partial overexposure of any kind could lead to such a sharp edge in the upper frame. Moreover, a spill-over in the frame below would not start with such a sharp edge within the dividing rebate. But between the two artefacts seems to be a stripe of shadow with rather parallel lines, dividing that artefact, in case one considers both as part of one.

Thus, in case this artefact is due to exposure, it can hardly originate from one of the intended exposures.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin