Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,057   Online: 914

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

How long 35mm with no new cameras?

I'm a strong supporter of Kodachrome 64. If you check B&H, I predict you will find that all 35mm cameras are in the process of being discontinued, at least all the ones that aren't junk. How long can 35mm stay viable with only used cameras available?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    12 years, one month and three days, twenty-one and a quarter hours and thirteen point seven six one seconds from the moment you open this thread.

That's just a rough estimate, of course! :-)
    testing...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quite a long time....depends on how long guys like us look after and preserve the quality manual cameras...leica, nikon, canon, pentax and some others.
    And whether the analogue revival continues for art work.
    Certainly few people seemed to use LF and ULF cameras a few years ago, so maybe there will also be a revival in MF and 35mm as people want to emulate the bigger formats in a way they see as easier to handle.
    Lets be optimistic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kevs View Post
    12 years, one month and three days, twenty-one and a quarter hours and thirteen point seven six one seconds from the moment you open this thread.

That's just a rough estimate, of course! :-)
    Doggone it! You forgot to add in the leap second from 2008!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once the slack goes from the market and the over supply of reliable second hand 35mm cameras drops things may change.

Supply and demand rules the market place and we have a glut of supply.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovekodachrome View Post
    I'm a strong supporter of Kodachrome 64. If you check B&H, I predict you will find that all 35mm cameras are in the process of being discontinued, at least all the ones that aren't junk. How long can 35mm stay viable with only used cameras available?
    OMG!! OMG!! If you are right then I will not be allowed to process my 35mm film at home! What am I going to do?

Please advise. Interested readers want to know!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As long as sales of films are profitable for the manufacturers. They do not care in what kind of cameras their films are used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Once the slack goes from the market and the over supply of reliable second hand 35mm cameras drops things may change.

Supply and demand rules the market place and we have a glut of supply.

Ian
    Exactly.
    And if we're still using film, they'll keep making cameras for us to use it with. They still make new large format cameras, and those have been out of mainstream fashion for some time.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    Exactly.
    And if we're still using film, they'll keep making cameras for us to use it with.
    - yup, but at which cost?
    S°ren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Actualy quite a long time, as long as we keep buying film for it.
    On the other hand, if you see a mint camera that you wanted anyway, buy it now, before the mechanical well dries out, esp. 35mm.
    Parts will stay available for the MF and LF camera's for a long time; 35 ???

And may be we have to become good friends with our repairman in the future..........

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin