Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,267   Posts: 1,660,646   Online: 774

Shooter
    4x5 Format

drying marks with Tetenal processing?

Hello folks,

I have a slight problem and was wondering if anyone can help me?

I've just processed 3 films with a Tetenal Colortec c41 kit. All fine but on closer inspection I've ended up with drying streaks all over all the films. The instructions don't mention any procedure at the the end of the developing – am I s'pose to wash the film in running water after the processing (as I would a BW film) or should the Stabilizer be the final step?

Can I get rid of the streaks now, I was thinking washing again in running water and then using a wetting agent might fix it but any suggestions would be great.

thanks
    Dav
    .................................................. .........................
    www.peaklandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my experience the stabilizer (Fujihunt X-Press C-41) should should be the final step. I prepare the stabilizer solution using de-ionized water.

Tom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Tom, so once you've stabilized how do you dry them? Do you remove excess stabilizer with a squeegee or fingers, or just leave them to dry naturally?

Dav
    www.peaklandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've tried both approaches, excess removal and leaving to dry. However, instinct suggests excess removal with care. I should note though that I'm drying the film in a heated film dryer which may alter the results compared to drying at 20ºC.

Tom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The stabilizer from the tetenal kit uses only hexamine (a formaldehyde derivative or something like that) and contains no photo-flo water mark reducer. After using the stabilizer, dunk the rolls in a photo-flo solution. The alternative would be to use the kodak stabilizer for film.

EDIT: on second thought why don't you add the photo-flo concentrate to the hexamine stabilizer. If you don't and use the photo flo after in a seperate step there will be no bacteriostat in the film when you're done.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks tom and tiberiustibz, that makes sense, I'll give the photo-flo idea a go.
    www.peaklandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do not put the rolls in a photo flo solution after the stabilzer. It undoes the work of the stabilzer.

I keep repeating this one guys!!!!!

If necessary mix the photo flo into the stabilzer, but don't, whatever you do, wash off the stabilzer!

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    For the 3 films I have a problem with - could I re-do the stabilizer step and add the photo flo to it?

D
    www.peaklandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the Fujihunt kit I simply use the supplied stabilizer.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find mixing the stab with bottled water usually does the trick, I squeegee with my fingers, there are usually one or two drying marks but they never show up in the prints, scans are a different matter though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin