Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,733   Online: 949

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    has anybody been doing this recently?

I need to do this soon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    our standard practice at work for checking sound sync on our 16mm camera at work is to run any old film we happen to have on hand in Dektol 1:10 "quick and dirty" process. On many occasions I have done this with Ektachrome. It comes out with a lot of awesome chunky grain and high contrast. I wonder how far of is Koda from Ekta?
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkroomExperimente View Post
    has anybody been doing this recently?

I need to do this soon
    I've been shooting at box speed and developing in D-76 stock.

D-76 stock 15mins@20c

stop 30sec. indicator stop bath

water rinse 1 min.

Fix TF-4 three mins or normal fix in whichever brand you usually use.

Wash in mixture of 1Tbsp Borax plus 1 Tbsp TSP per one liter water scrubbing with soft sponge until all remjet is cleared. Film may be soaked in this solution for one hour followed with clear water rinse. Repeat as many times as needed to remove remjet. You can prerinse with this solution until water runs clear then develope. You will still need to finish cleaning after fixing. Final rinse in photoflo or drying aid of choice.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In the ongoing process (about 2 weeks thus far) of unpacking after a recent move, I came across four rolls of unshot KR64, vintage early 1990s(?). I realize that it can be processed, with some difficulty, as a black and white negative. So... what are my options? I have no idea as to the film's storage conditions - I found it mixed in with my office supplies. Any recommendations re ISO? I really would like to shoot and process the film for high contrast images - architectural abstracts, possibly. Is this possible? The effect I would like to try for is sort of one of minimum tones: little middle tones, just pure black and white. Any suggestions?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For very high contrast negatives, I'd recommend Kodak Technical Pan or it's predecessor Kodak High Contrast Copy in D-19. Both are essentially grainless. But neither is easy to find now. You won't get that sort of contrast out of Kodakchrome, especially since you won't be removing the "Cary Lea silver" yellow filter layer in normal B&W processing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I did some a while back using Rodinal, stand processed 1:100 at box speed and it turned out OK; the long soak in the developer seems to help loosen up the remjet.
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi
    I am just wondering how do you get rid of the remjet backing on this film?
    Thanks
    Ektachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If stand development doesn't loosen it enough, a borax solution should help; get a bunch of soft lint free cloths to use. It's a messy job!
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hm... Will DR5 process Kodachrome?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting article about Alex Webb, wherein he talks about a current project involving shooting Kodachrome as black and white.

http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...?smid=fb-share

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin