Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,972   Posts: 1,632,742   Online: 687

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Any progress to report on your efforts to process Kodachrome, StoneNYC? The reason I ask? I found another 18 rolls of KM and KR inside a Tupperware container when cleaning out/defrosting my deep-freeze. Curiosity may lead me to try my hand...
    To be honest I've been focussing on a lot of large format photography and haven't shot much 35mm and still haven't picked up the chemical that I need to "clear" the Kodakchrome.

Eventually I'll get to it I hope.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    I found another 18 rolls of KM and KR inside a Tupperware container when cleaning out/defrosting my deep-freeze. Curiosity may lead me to try my hand...
    Developing B/W to bring back already exposed but never developed Kodachrome pictures is okay.
    But shooting unexposed Kodachrome as B/W film absolutely does not make any sense.
    Better sell it in Ebay (collectors pay a lot for it) or give it to me.
    I work my own 'Kodachrome color process' just for fun. It is a layer-selective chromogenic process but does not use the original color couplers.

Joachim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    Developing B/W to bring back already exposed but never developed Kodachrome pictures is okay.
    But shooting unexposed Kodachrome as B/W film absolutely does not make any sense.
    Better sell it in Ebay (collectors pay a lot for it) or give it to me.
    I work my own 'Kodachrome color process' just for fun. It is a layer-selective chromogenic process but does not use the original color couplers.

Joachim
    Care to share your process?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Care to share your process?
    Just what I was going to ask?

Is it more like one of the older processes like K-12?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi all...a friend and I are developing some Kodachrome that she found with photos taken sometime between the late 80s and early to mid 90s and stored in less than ideal conditions. We have been doing the process where we develop with D-76 for 15 minutes. Of course, the rem-jet is proving to be an issue for us. So far, we have tried doing the Borax and dish soap solution and a Borax/sodium hydroxide/sodium sulfate/water solution. While we can see through the film when it's held up to light, it's very hard to see much of anything. When not back-lit, they just look black. So we realized that there were still a couple things we needed to know:

1.) Should there be a lot of black coming off when we wipe the film (the shiny side of the film)?
    2.) Will these end up with the clear look like you would expect with any other developed film? What should we expect it to look like?
    3.) Poking through here, I saw a suggestion to soak expired film in the rem-jet removing solution. Is that confirmed to work? I might have missed a post that said that, so sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered.

Any elaboration would be greatly appreciated!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    There's some chemical that you can add to the fixer, and do a second fixing bath, and that should clear the brown color that is in the base, I'm not really sure what the chemical is though, but I think I remember that it is actually in this thread somewhere, or another one about Kodachrome, I certainly know that PE was the one who suggested this chemical I just can't remember where. Or what the chemical is that you add to the second fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/8...success-d.html

A note of caution, DO NOT use chlorine bleach to clean rem-jet, only borax or tsp and a cotton cloth. The bleach will remove the emulsion if it comes into contact with it. Also, keep temps of solutions below 80f or it becomes soft and damages the emulsion.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info everyone. So it sounds like it should come out looking something like a regular color negative? What we've been getting are negatives that, when wet, you can sort of see through and they have a dark green-ish tint to them. Once dry, they're basically opaque again. It sounds like this means that a bit of the rem-jet may have come off, but clearly not enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just finished developing my first roll of 35mm K64, with excellent results.
    All solutions at room temperature.
    1. Distilled water 10 minute pre-wash
    2. repeat step 1
    3. 20 minutes in Rodinal 1:40; agitate first two minutes, then 10 seconds every two minutes
    4. Distilled water 2 minute wash
    5. repeat step 4
    6. Kodak Fixer made fresh from powder, used straight for 20 minutes; agitate 10 seconds every 3 minutes
    7. Distilled water 2 minute wash and dump.
    8. repeat step 7 five more times
    9. Kodak Photo-Flo 1:50 for three minutes, agitate continuously to remove ramjet
    10. Shake the film reel to remove excess moisture. Do not rinse

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Photo-flo removes RemJet?

Wait till it dries, if it turns read you missed a step (the second fixer step).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin