Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,593   Online: 863

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangheye View Post
    Very interesting. Why would the x-ray machine cause a wavy line and not fog the whole film? Rgds, Kal
    It's the way they scan, usually only items/areas of dubious interest get a more intensive scan, this can be when items are lying on top of each other.

I fly quite frequently and never have problems with my films, but 400ISO are the fastest I use.

Last year while travelling light, just a backpack, I was forced to put it in the hold and forgot the 5x4 film was in it. When I got to the UK I just tossed the packet aside assuming it would have been fogged. I was testing some old APX100 last month and stuck a sheet of the "fogged" film in the tank as and was amazed to find it was OK. I gave some of the film to an APUG member to practise using a 5x4 and his negs were perfect

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangheye View Post
    Very interesting. Why would the x-ray machine cause a wavy line and not fog the whole film? Rgds, Kal
    Look at the other thread mentioned further up. There was a detailed discussion about this. It's the way the operator of the x-ray machine can focus in on a particular part of your luggage.

Cheers, Mark.
    Mark Tomlinson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin