Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,985   Online: 852

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    C41 developers should all use 3 minutes 15 seconds with a fresh/working solution. On the second and third rolls for each unit of solution you should increase time by 15 seconds each for 3:30 second roll and 3:45 third roll and then discard.

I use 30 seconds continuous and 4 lifts every 30 seconds thereafter, so yours works fine. I pour in the chemistry slightly warm to compensate for the loss over the initial 30 second agitation. I also use a pre soak to get the temp up. Temp doesn't appear to be as critical as said. I keep the water bath at 101-102 because according to my **highly** scientific tests this works about right with my agitation.
    With my tetenal development, I have found it to be very counter productive to increase the standing time at this rate. I am at roll 28 and I am only at 3:30 dev time.
    I agree that temp too high doesnt seem to hurt - I ususally run at 39-40C for the dev.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roll 28, wow! I bump the dev time up just a bit later on, works for me but not much or highlights block up. 39-40C here too.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin