Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,907   Online: 990

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, I'm ready to order the Flexicolor chemicals. This is the list I've come up with from the comments here and the Adorama website. Could someone confirm this is what I need and point out if I need anything else?

Kodak Flexicolor Developer / Starter -- Mfr# 1953009
    Kodak C-41 Developer / Replenisher 10-liter -- Mfr# 8121857

Kodak C-41 Bleach Starter 1 Gallon -- Mfr# 8566796
    Kodak C-41 Flexicolor Bleach III Replenisher 12.5-Gallons, Part A -- Mfr# 8184038

Kodak Flexicolor Fixer / Replenisher 5-Gallons -- Mfr# 1693837

Kodak Flexicolor Final Rinse and Replenisher to make 10-Liter -- Mfr# 8136368
    Miguel Asensio
    photos, motos & autos
    -------------------------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You will need Bleach III Replenisher Part B too. You don't need Bleach Starter. You can buy Flexicolor Bleach III Replenisher - 5 Gal #1987924. This is more than you need for 10 liters of developer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    STOP! two problems. you don't need a bleach started but you will need the part b which is twice as expensive and not sold by adorama. seArch apug for the bleach iii discontinued thread and look for a link to the kodak flexicolor bleach sm. I actually just bought some off eBay for cheap.
    also you want the stabilizer, not the final rinse. i believe the final rinse lacks a dye stabilizer and is intended for washless minilabs. and I would find a good way to measure small amts.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not trying to be pushy or anything, but seriously. You can get the entire Filmpac kit for what that Kodak Bleach Part A costs all by itself. And you don't have to spend hours trying to track down someone selling Part B. (FYI, Calumet lists the Part B 12.5 gallons for $180, but they don't actually stock it).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've always used C-41 chemicals one-shot, so the replenishers don't make any sense for me. With very new films, the final rinse is supposed to work fine, but with anything more than a year or so old you will need C-41 stabilizer instead. (You can make it easily from formalin and Photoflo.) The developer starter is designed for startup of machine processing systems. You don't need it (or at least you didn't need it two years ago) for small batch processing. The stock solutions last an incredibly long time, although the working solutions deteriorate more quickly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How close do you live to NYC? B&H will gladly sell you bottles of SM bleach.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See what I mean? It's ridiculous...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Trebla kit looks promising.

Anyone care to discuss the results they've got using it? Jerry?
    Miguel Asensio
    photos, motos & autos
    -------------------------

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It was sooooo much easier before they discontinued the main consumer bleach product, the one gallon Bleach III.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nworth View Post
    I've always used C-41 chemicals one-shot, so the replenishers don't make any sense for me. With very new films, the final rinse is supposed to work fine, but with anything more than a year or so old you will need C-41 stabilizer instead. (You can make it easily from formalin and Photoflo.) The developer starter is designed for startup of machine processing systems. You don't need it (or at least you didn't need it two years ago) for small batch processing. The stock solutions last an incredibly long time, although the working solutions deteriorate more quickly.
    For the developer, to make a tank solution, whether for one shot or replenished use, you need the replensisher, starter and water. Z131 has the appropriate amounts. If you use the replenesher solution without starter, your negs will look more contrasty visually, but the gamma will be off on all 3 colors, and you will be way off on your control strips (if you ran any, of course).

erie

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin