Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,542   Online: 989

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wouldn't the wash after the bleach remove enough ferricyanide? If I decide to try the clearing bath, how many g/liter of sulfite should be used?

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several clearing bath formulas posted here and there. It is the one used for reversal B&W processing.

The wash after the bleach is iffy due to the variable nature of water supplies and your method of washing such as flow rate and agitation. So, I can't really tell. All I can do is tell you what you "MIGHT" get.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    It's not THAT dangerous as long as you're careful. If it gets near a cut or scratch it will cause the wound to not heal properly & ulcerate, so use gloves.

There are far worse chemicals that can be used for photography, I was responsible for running a laboratory (precious metal testing) and had to draw up the Health & Safety (COSSH) procedures to meet EU Regulations, they were quite sensible but thorough.

Ian
    I've ben using potassium bichromate for 15 years now, i've mixed maybe more than 200 doses of bleach since i began working with film.

Some months ago my doctor found a lump of 2cm in my thyroid, i must say i got scared, after all there are some studies about Thyroid Hyperplasia to people exposed to chromium, i'm waiting for the results of the tests,

But tell me Ian, what other chemistry do you think is more dangerous? I've been working in my lab for years and now i'm switching all toxic chemistry to low or non-toxic components like ascorbic acid, phenidone, etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We had over 2,500 people in the Research Labs at Kodak. Studies showed that the causes of death or illness of these people were about identical to the other people that were tracked in such statistics.

In fact, I took blood tests every 6 months keeping track of the status of my health while I was a bench chemist or pkoto engineer.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin