Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,005   Online: 766

Shooter
    35mm

Fuji E6 mailer expiration?

What is the real story on the Fuji E6 mailer expiration? I have some mailers with a marked expiration date, some with no expiration date, etc. And I've heard all sorts of conflicting information about this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know about Fuji E6 mailers.
    Here is the story I got form Kodak yesterday about their color print mailers.
    I use them all the time and just got one back April 2nd. Just like usual with no notice of coming changes. Yesterday, April 9th I get then next roll of film I sent in undeveloped stating that Kodak no longer offers film processing. My Kodak print mailers are no good any more. I called Kodak and they confirmed it was true. I have written to them but gotten no reply if they will offer me anything in return for the mailers I paid for and they stopped service without ANY notice.
    If Kodak can get away with this Fuji may follow.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have never used Kodak mailers, but for those who do, that does not sound good. Hopefully they will reconsider just terminating the mailers without a warning.

As for Fuji, I believe I will need to contact them directly to ask about their mailers. Does anyone have the approapriate contact information or know who I should contact?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Fuji uses dwaynes which aint stoppin till kodachrome dyes. you have a few more years.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Fuji uses dwaynes which aint stoppin till kodachrome dyes. you have a few more years.
    Yes, Fuji uses Dwayne's. But Dwayne's has a contract with Fuji. And the newest Fuji mailers are marked with a 12/31/09 expiration date, while the older ones have no such date. That is what is causing the confusion and uncertainty here.

And by the way, Dwayne's is in no way going to stop when Kodachrome is discontinued. They simply have a contract with Kodak to process Kodachrome, just like their contract with Fuji. Although Kodachrome is currently a large part of their business, it's not all they do. If Kodachrome was all Fuji did, we wouldn't be having this thread right now about the Fuji E6 mailers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Fuji E-6 slide mailers I just picked up are dated 12-31-2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When the Fuji mailers were around $5.00 there was a savings by using them but now with the price closer to $10.00 you might be just as well doing business directly with Dwaynes.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin