Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,113   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dumb me, I bought a couple of boxes! But they've done better than good customer service, Ektar is incredibly smooth and with E100GX they've got a solid customer in me. Shot several rolls in Zion earlier this month and can't believe how well the film scans and prints... could make wallpaper from 6x7's.
    -Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just bought a 5-pack of Ektar in 120.

Where's / what does the start mark on its backing paper resemble? It's been a while since I've loaded any 120 film into the Hassy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jvan01 View Post
    Just bought a 5-pack of Ektar in 120.

Where's / what does the start mark on its backing paper resemble? It's been a while since I've loaded any 120 film into the Hassy.
    A thick double arrow going across the paper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6hDyMmkqA

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    Yeah, that's the same Kodak that is regularly bashed and boycotted by some here for its lack of "commitment" to its loyal film customers.
    I was one of those who boycotted Kodak, although I never bashed them, preferring to support Fuji's Velvia and Pro 160 lines. I was very happy with the Fuji until I was "forced" to buy some of Kodak's Portra 160 VC & NC as my local shop had run out of the Fuji in 220.

WOW! The Portra films are a dream to print. It's almost as if my Super Chromega D Dichroic head was reading my mind. No more chasing my tail between cyan & red.

I look forward to trying the Ektar 100 in 120, and I'll be happy to pay for it!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks. Actually what I had meant to ask was where to advance the roll to frame #1 for those who use old 12 backs, with the peephole in the back. The answer is it's the same as Portra in 120: those double 1s that are easy to miss.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak has a standard for printing the paper roll and there is no reason to change from that.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Silber View Post
    It would be a nice roll to test my new-to-me 120 camera: A No.2 Folding Autographic Brownie!
    I picked up one of those last week. I haven't tried it yet - I need to sort out the sticky shutter.

Is yours 120? mine is 116 and needs spacers to make 120 spools fit.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin