Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,170   Online: 999

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ektar 100 in 120 free sample

I was having lunch in my office when I decided to send an email to Kodak asking for a sample of Ektar 100 in 120. I received an email back from Kodak within 10 minutes! Be darned if a roll didn't show up in the mail today right from Rochester. I'm impressed with Kodak's customer service that would send a sample to some guy in Northern Canada. Kudos to you, Kodak.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also, on the Kodak web-site I see that if you buy 5 rolls of B+W film and send in the bar codes from the cartons, they will send you a $5 rebate back. They definitely seem to be paying attention to the film business.

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/..._5Rebate09.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, that's the same Kodak that is regularly bashed and boycotted by some here for its lack of "commitment" to its loyal film customers.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got one within a week of my request.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksplace View Post
    I was having lunch in my office when I decided to send an email to Kodak asking for a sample of Ektar 100 in 120. I received an email back from Kodak within 10 minutes! Be darned if a roll didn't show up in the mail today right from Rochester. I'm impressed with Kodak's customer service that would send a sample to some guy in Northern Canada. Kudos to you, Kodak.
    Who would have thought they would be so agreeable. I heard on another forum something to the effect that some people who asked for samples of 35mm ektar were denied unless they were professional reviewers and could prove it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    Who would have thought they would be so agreeable. I heard on another forum something to the effect that some people who asked for samples of 35mm ektar were denied unless they were professional reviewers and could prove it.
    You can't blame them. I saw at least a few samples show up on ebay. There are obviously lots of people trying to take advantage of that system. Sad really, especially if samples don't make it to people who really should have them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I shot them off an e-mail using their customer service form (couldn't find anywhere else appropriate to send the request). I'll let you know when I hear back from them! It would be a nice roll to test my new-to-me 120 camera: A No.2 Folding Autographic Brownie!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Publicizing this on the Internet is exactly what is likely to kill it.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They won't give samples forever. They probably have already stopped.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I called Kodak and they said they already ran out of free samples. They are aware (as it always happens) of the people who sell these on Ebay. Someone is always trying to make a free buck of someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin