Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,433   Online: 909

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Negative film, I was always impressed by Fuji Press800. Not sure if it's around anymore or has a new version out now. It was nicely grained, great colour and pushed amazingly well.

I have a box of 40 or 60 still around, actually. Back when my newspaper shot colour neg film, that was the hands-on choice.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Doesn't Fuji make an ISO 1600 press film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrladewig View Post
    I recently used some of Kodak's Ultramax 800 on a trip, sometimes rating it at 1600 other times shooting it at 800 all developed normally. I thought it did pretty well. The PGI is the same as Portra 800, but the cost much lower (~$3.50/roll in 4 packs 24 exp).
    I have no idea what you mean by "PGI."
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Print Grain Index. Kodak seems to use that measurement to indicate grain size for print films instead of RMS these days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I assume people who are pushing their slide film are developing it themselves? Is it done simply by increasing development time the way B&W pushing is? Will labs push it for you?
    Good labs will push. My local lab charges an extra 2 euros, and you usually have to wait until the end of the day instead of the normal 1-2 hours. Yes, I consider myself lucky to live near this lab.

If you want to do it yourself, it is done by increasing the time in the first (B&W) developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Silber View Post
    Doesn't Fuji make an ISO 1600 press film?
    Yes, they do.

I get better results (from a technical perspective) by overdeveloping the 800, though.

The 1600 is very neat, but extremely clumpy looking.

If you need the extra stop, though, it can help.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Against my better judgement I used a Fuji disposable camera loaded with some 1600 film and the results actually were kind of nice (yes I said it. The only time I have ever like a Fuji film!) since they had a neat vintage look to them.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm keen to try E200 pushed to 800 after reading this thread. I've had great success with Provia 400X at 800 and I'd like to see how the Ektachrome compares. Unfortunately, E200 in 35mm seems quite difficult to get hold of in the UK...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    I'm keen to try E200 pushed to 800 after reading this thread. I've had great success with Provia 400X at 800 and I'd like to see how the Ektachrome compares. Unfortunately, E200 in 35mm seems quite difficult to get hold of in the UK...
    It can be quite hard to get here in the US as well. I could not find it ANYWHERE here in Sacramento, and ended up picking some up when I was down in Berkeley (about 90 miles away).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Any thoughts on how well Ektachrome 400x pushes to 800? I just acquired 400 feet of it, late '05 expiration, well stored...I'm going to have to figure out what to do with all of it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin