Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,985   Online: 984

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthman_1 View Post
    Any thoughts on how well Ektachrome 400x pushes to 800? I just acquired 400 feet of it, late '05 expiration, well stored...I'm going to have to figure out what to do with all of it...
    All film pushes. It will be fine.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
    It can be quite hard to get here in the US as well. I could not find it ANYWHERE here in Sacramento, and ended up picking some up when I was down in Berkeley (about 90 miles away).
    Why don't you just order it in the mail or online?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Can you recommend a good lab that processes 120mm film in Brussels? I'm looking for E6, C41, and BW processing? Additionally, any places you know of in Brussels that sells 120 film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think Portra 800 is fantastic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrladewig View Post
    I recently used some of Kodak's Ultramax 800 on a trip, sometimes rating it at 1600 other times shooting it at 800 all developed normally. I thought it did pretty well. The PGI is the same as Portra 800, but the cost much lower (~$3.50/roll in 4 packs 24 exp).

outdoor sample at 800

indoor sample probably at 1600

I also shot Kodak's HD400 rated at 800 a bit. Actually if I only needed ISO800, I shot the HD400 instead since the grain is much finer and the film has plenty of latitude for this. The grain on this consumer film is a smidge finer than the new Portra 400NC and likewise, its much cheaper (~3.50/roll in 3 packs 24exp). I shoot the new Portra 400NC in sheet film and have some in 120. Its nice stuff too.

HD400 at 400

HD400 at 800

And as mentioned earlier, E200 and Provia 400X are both designed to push (with push processing which most labs offer for E-6)

National gallery of Art. I know that sculpture
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin