Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,801   Online: 1035

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Color emulsion liquid

I am trying to find a liquid color emulsion is there such a thing sort of a color version of liquid light.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A colour image is created from at least 3 emulsion coating layers with dye masks in between; so it would be impossible to make one. IIRC Rockland Colloid produced a kit where you could colour an image, but not full colour.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    It is possible to use three layers each coated and processed after another exposed with separation negatives. One option is gum, another is process not unlike kodachrome with couplers in developers. Probably there are some more most probably involving separation negatives as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have seen colour prints on bricks by a chinese artist. I remember talking to the gallery owner a friend of mine that said they developed their own process. Could be BS though.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildtypitch View Post
    I have seen colour prints on bricks by a chinese artist. I remember talking to the gallery owner a friend of mine that said they developed their own process. Could be BS though.

That could have been some sort of emulsion transfer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here's what you would do: coat one layer of emulsion on a system with registration to allow proper allignment. Expose through a black and white color seperation of the red channel for the indicated time and tone it cyan. Then bleach, fix, dry, recoat, and repeat for the green and blue channels.

The great chicago time waste. A polaroid emulsion transfer may prove more effective.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Answer to OP:
    Yes it is possible. No it doesn't exist. Yes it did. (sort of.) No, it was not for end-user application.
    Emulsion Transfer is the "easy way". If you are an artist, you could hand color or airbrush B/W work and it can look very beautiful and or real if you have the skills. Rockland Colloid and other companies sells/sold? two types of coloring methods... one that dyes the image and one that dyes the paper. Gum mentioned above is not a silver halide emulsion process, but does produce nice images if you like that sort of "syntax"
    (I do BTW) Do you need full or "real" color, or do you just want something with a little color in it?
    Besides gum there are more options....
    Be free of all deception, Be safe from bodily harm
    Love without exception, Be a saint in any form
    (Patti Smith)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin