Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,997   Online: 904

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    it's also an undoubtable fact that when you have 120 film in your camera with less exposures, you shoot less frames than when you have more exposures available. With 220, you also have to shoot more before you can change the film to your camera (if you don't have multiple backs). This makes you use more film.
    You may be correct but that is probably not enough to convince a manufacturer to produce a product in 220 as well as 120 (and it's fewer frames, not less frames!).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I buy Fuji and Kodak slide films in 220. They are still selling it.

It means I can carry twice as many exposures in the same space. Very important while traveling.

6x9

Shooter
    35mm
    I shoot 6x9 only in medium format. I vote for more 220! I rather carry my camera and 20 rolls of 220 then my camera and 40 120 rolls.
    I have changed my password and changed my email to a random email. This is forum seppuku. Good bye!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Sure they could do it if they wanted to. But Ilford's objective is to make a profit, not to make film. Making and selling film is the vehicle they use to make a profit.

Why don't we petition the government to purchase them a confectioning machine to support our art use of film?
    I agree entirely Kodak exists to make a profit for their shareholders too, and they know their business or the company wouldn't have lasted so long, and they obviously don't think it's in their commercial interest to manufacture it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 6x9
    I shoot 6x9 only in medium format. I vote for more 220! I rather carry my camera and 20 rolls of 220 then my camera and 40 120 rolls.
    All of my 6x9 have a red window.

Do you have something that does not? Can you tell me what camera it is?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Maybe Kodak does not want any of the Portra 220 sales to be bled off by Ektar in 220. I know they are different films. But my last order was some Portra specifically to have some 220.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Boy that dead horse is really beginning to smell.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

6x9

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    All of my 6x9 have a red window.

Do you have something that does not? Can you tell me what camera it is?
    The Fujis.
    I have changed my password and changed my email to a random email. This is forum seppuku. Good bye!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just picked up a pack Portra 400VC in 200. It will be my first 220 experience. We'll see how it goes.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I just picked up a pack Portra 400VC in 200. It will be my first 220 experience. We'll see how it goes.
    I think i can safely predict (assuming you already know and like the emulsion - i can't predict whether you will or not else) how it will go: you will notice that you have to change film less.
    Also that you have to carry fewer rolls of film.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin