Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,205   Online: 1056

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are MUCH more tha $300 now!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    You don't have to remind me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have printed ilifochrome for 1 and a half year. But now the prices for chems and paper is too high and almost impossible to have shipped to Norway. No regular customers will pay the price for ilfochrome when the see the pricelist for drumscan and inkjet-print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will never print inkjet. I think I would become a chemist and make real photo paper before I had my prints on inkjet.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    It looks like his newest images are $750 for a 20x24. Not a bad price for an Ilfochrome of that size, and I assume of the highest quality (I haven't seen one in person).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Chris Burkett has to be considered THE master printer of Ilfochrome. I've probably seen the bulk of his prints at one gallery or another. If you're interested in what can be achieved with the medium see some of his actual work. Of course as his web site shows his operation has become very highly sophisticated and quite high tech. The imaging equipment is of the highest quality and it shows in the enlarged prints which are as often as not simply astounding.

His best work technically is done using 8 X 10 chromes a number of which he masks using Tmax (per the last time I spoke with him). I think he has developed a pretty good talent for not overdoing the masking so the effect is rendered in a subtle fashion.

Virtually all his work is nature oriented and to some would appear quite static. But his work is a celebration of the natural scene in form and color and shows a kind of religious reverence for the subject that is doubtless derived from his background in the ecclesiastical community.

On another note - to anyone interested in having an Ilfochrome print made from their transparency I would say choose the supplier very carefully and get a pretty much custom job. That may involve having a mask made if the original exceeds about a 1.8 to 2.0 Dmax. By The Way Ilfochrome comes in a backlit product CC.F7 (clear display film) which can be quite spectacular when backlighted.

Another impressive use for the print paper or film is to expose it directly in a Large Format camera then simply process it as normally. The filtration is of course rather tricky but I'd say move the color temperature to say 3400K and use the filter pack on the box and you'll get close.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Potter View Post
    Another impressive use for the print paper or film is to expose it directly in a Large Format camera then simply process it as normally. The filtration is of course rather tricky but I'd say move the color temperature to say 3400K and use the filter pack on the box and you'll get close.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.
    I remember reading a French website (through Google Translator) where a guy modified his Sinar to use a 16x20 back. He shot colour ULF exactly the way you describe, using Ilfochrome to create one-off in-camera originals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    It looks like his newest images are $750 for a 20x24. Not a bad price for an Ilfochrome of that size, and I assume of the highest quality (I haven't seen one in person).
    I'd say he is undercharging!!
    You can have one of mine for $1200, 30x50cm finished with MGCF.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 05-16-2009 at 11:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    So you have seen Christopher Burkett?
    Yes. The Autumn Tempest, Utah is my favourite, reminiscent of Galen Rowell's highly saturated visual palette.

Burkett's work is artfully abstract in places; it works well. And so it should carrying that monster camera around! The shots of Aspens are much favoured by B&W photographers and he appears to have nailed what is sometimes a difficult subject (to arrange visually) in colour; they are very appealing. At the moment in autumn (Fall!) there are poplars about an hour's drive away; I am hoping to get the B&W out and photograph these as the wind blows, bring the leaves down. Just something a little different, and more still: as a double exposure. I hope it rains!! Rain+Cold+Fog+Breeze=A-T-M-O-S-P-H-E-R-E !
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    35mm
    curious about this as well... I'm in love with slide film and I picked up a color enlarger with two lenses for $5. I would like to give it a try.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin