Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,751   Online: 998

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

DNP Centuria film discontinued

DNP Centuria film in 100, 200 & 400 has been discontinued

Japanese only: http://www.fotolusio.jp/pm/product/film/index.html

I'm gonna miss $20 for 10 rolls of ISO 200 ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think that was "remaindered" film anyway, just private packaged.

Shooter
    35mm

DNP Centuria

I just shot my first roll of the 100 speed film last week. A friend brought back 10 rolls of the 36 exp. 100 speed film from Japan for me. From what I can tell it is Kodacolor 100 film. The box is marked MADE IN USA. The canister looks like a Kodak one with a gray top and black bottom. The cartridge has the same dimensions as a Kodak one and the box does too. The edge marking is 100-2. How does it look? Just fine. Now I have DNP Centuria which was made by Kodak, exported to Japan and brought back here as well as CVS store brand film which was made by Fuji Film in Japan and exported to the US. When it's on sale the CVS 200 speed film is $4.99 for a pack of 4 24 exp. rolls. That film works fine too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Centuria name reminds me the T-grain print film line from Konica (later Konica-Minolta), which was discontinued about 3 years ago. But plastic canisters were milky-white and the film was only made in Japan. The 100 and 400 ISO were my far preferred print films. Curious for Kodak to label some of their films Centuria…
    B&W is silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Digital strikes again
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    Curious for Kodak to label some of their films Centuria…
    I don't think Kodak had anything to do with the naming of this film, rather it was the vendor who owned the Name, and put it on film they sourced from Kodak. Kodak, in the last few years seems to be willing to "private label" various 35mm films for vendors who can order enough quantity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Digital strikes again
    Maybe ... maybe not. Centuria was priced pretty low over here; around $2 a roll compared to $5 for Kodak & Fuji color negative film. It's just pure speculation on my part (I have no evidence so don't quote me), but I thought maybe DNP could have been pressured to stop. Japanese companies are very big on market share, after all.

Stranger things have happened.

Shooter
    35mm
    stocked in total 96 rolls of DNP 100+200+400 also expired konica-minolta centuria 200 last year... feel soooooooooooooo sad about the discontinued news...

any ways that we can MAKE IT ALIVE again ?

i am big fan of DNP and the original centuria....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by medium120 View Post
    stocked in total 96 rolls of DNP 100+200+400 also expired konica-minolta centuria 200 last year... feel soooooooooooooo sad about the discontinued news...

any ways that we can MAKE IT ALIVE again ?

i am big fan of DNP and the original centuria....
    1. If you notice, the last post was in 2009. This film is long gone.
    2. The film was pretty obviously rebadged Kodacolor. If you can find Kodak Gold films, you will probably like the results as well.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin