Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,829   Online: 845

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak Elitecrome extra color - extra good?

Hi, last week I got my first roll of Elitechrome Extra Color, or EBX, back from processing, and comparing it to the Sensia 100 and Provia 100 I have shot before, it is way better! Great color saturation, great contrast, much more forgiving with overexposure and it scans a lot better. And it's even cheaper than the others

Why isn't everybody using this all the time?

There's lot of info online about people shooting this and that, but almost nothing about EBX... anyone here use it? What's it not good for?

Emil

Shooter
    35mm
    I have shot Elite Extra Color a few times. Basically, it is the consumer version of Ektachrome E100VS, and has a similar color palatte. The 'VS' in 'E100VS' has caused some Fuji aficionadoes to call this film 'Velvia Substitute'. But a Velvia substitute, it is not. Rather, it is a film that is quite unique, and with a color palatte that is completely different from Velvia (even though both are considered high saturation films). As with most Kodak products, the colors are definitely warmer than comparable Fuji films. For instance, it produces great reds, and is especially good for sunsets. But, as with any high saturation film, sometimes too much is just too much. And the effect is not necessarily something I want in EVERY picture I shoot on a given roll of film. This is why not everybody is using it all the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    I don't shoot much slide film, only when I'm on vacation or go somewhere special.

I have used Elite Chrome before and I was very pleased with it, though

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sensia is a more neutral film. I like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you really want colors to pop(!), this it the film for you. I have only shot a few rolls.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

A_T

Shooter
    35mm
    Good thing about this film is it gives great saturation and also pretty good skin tones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love E100VS. Simply superb colour.

Even if it's cheaper, Elite Chrome is near impossible to buy locally. So I buy E100VS.
    My other camera is a Pentax

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    Because the colour saturation is too much for most applications (for me), Elitechrome 100 (EB3) has finer grain and is cheaper here in Germany. My Extra Color sits in the freezer. But it is great in dull winter light to add some pop.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not sure EBX is still made. I have heard conflicting stories. It's a very nice film but a little too much for portraits.

Shooter
    35mm
    I love this film. Very under-rated. Easy to expose, amazing colours. It's a great film for landscape work. One of my favourites. I much prefer it to velvia 100....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin