Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,714   Online: 1116

View Poll Results: What brand do you shoot more of?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • I shoot more Kodak than Fuji.

56 32.18%
  • I shoot more Fuji than Kodak.

59 33.91%
  • I shoot both.

45 25.86%
  • I shoot mostly with another film company.

14 8.05%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kodak or Fuji

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've got slide film from Kodak and Fuji. There are differences between how the brands and emulsions render certain situations and I'll choose the flavor I think is best for the situation at hand. As readyloads become harder to find, I'll have to shoot more and more Fuji quickloads when hiking and backpacking.

Again for color negatives I've got both brands. I really like the new Portra 400NC, but its not available in readyload, so I've got a good supply of Fuji NPS quickloads for backpacking.

Shooter
    35mm
    All films are good, but most of my money is in Acros (B&W) and Reala and Astia for color. If I need a faster film I try to use Kodak HD or Tmax in 400 speed. I use Ilford films whenever I feel like it. There are still so many film choices out there, why limit yourself?
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The type of film you use should reflect the purpose for which it was intended, rather than the colour of the box! Since 1996 Fuji (i.e. Velvia) has been my prime stock for saturated landscape and nature photography which ideally passes to chrome (Ilfochrome) for printing exhibition. C-41 neg film is ideal for people/docu photography or spur-of-the-moment imaging, having greatly more flexibility in exposure than the restrictive latitude of reversal stock); for this I use Fuji's NPC 160, –1. Black and white photography for capturing or enunciating mood and texture ... Ilford's Delta 100 (printed to FB paper). I don't use anything else.

My consumption of Velvia and Provia exceed consumption of the other two films mentioned. An enthusiastic early user of Kodachrome (1980-1993), that film ceased to be available in the Australia/Asia Pacific region more than a decade ago.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    The type of film you use should reflect the purpose for which it was intended, rather than the colour of the box! Since 1996 Fuji (i.e. Velvia) has been my prime stock for saturated landscape and nature photography which ideally passes to chrome (Ilfochrome) for printing exhibition. C-41 neg film is ideal for people/docu photography or spur-of-the-moment imaging, having greatly more flexibility in exposure than the restrictive latitude of reversal stock); for this I use Fuji's NPC 160, –1. Black and white photography for capturing or enunciating mood and texture ... Ilford's Delta 100 (printed to FB paper). I don't use anything else.

My consumption of Velvia and Provia exceed consumption of the other two films mentioned. An enthusiastic early user of Kodachrome (1980-1993), that film ceased to be available in the Australia/Asia Pacific region more than a decade ago.
    It is generally accepted that acquiring and shooting unavailable film can become problematical!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Neither for black and white (mostly Ilford) and leaning towards Kodak for color now. Colors always seem a bit "warmer" with Kodak vs. Fuji.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Ok, if it comes down to strictly color film, then I shoot more fuji 35mm chromes than Kodak. I shoot about 10 rolls of 35mm chromes a year. NOW for b&W it is ALL Kodak. That amounts to about 10 rolls of 35mm Tri-X, about 30-50 sheets of Tmax 400 in 5x7, about 200 sheets of Tmax 400 in 8x10 and about 50 sheets Tmax 400 in 7x17. On rare occasion I will also shoot some 4x5 Tri-X.

I grew up in Western NY....what can I say :-)
    John Bowen

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Whatever works for the project. Brand loyalty isn't important to me.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Recently I shoot Fuji color and Kodak B&W. But chances every once in a while.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Lately Fuji Neopan 400 which has taken the place of Tri-X for me. I still have some Tri-X in stock and would happily use either if the other was not available. This is deliberate on my part as I spent time getting to know the Fuji in case Tri-X was in short supply (Unlikely I know) and found that the results from the Fuji are more pleasing to my eye.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find all of the Fuji colors to be very unnatural.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin