Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,118   Online: 836

View Poll Results: What brand do you shoot more of?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • I shoot more Kodak than Fuji.

56 32.18%
  • I shoot more Fuji than Kodak.

59 33.91%
  • I shoot both.

45 25.86%
  • I shoot mostly with another film company.

14 8.05%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kodak or Fuji

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Two years ago it was all Tri-X for B&W and all Fuji for color. The Portras have brought me back to Kodak for C41, still using Fuji for transparency when I want positives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mainly fuji color
    and kod b/w

i like other stuff too,
    but don't shoot it as often.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Fuji for colour transparencies, Kodak for colour prints, though if Kodachrome processing was available in the UK/Europe, I'd still be using it.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I find all of the Fuji colors to be very unnatural.
    I find that Fuji films tend to unnaturally overemphasize pastel colors in comparison to primary colors (unlike Kodak films). But I think that for those people who prefer Fuji over Kodak, this is probably the whole point in doing so.
    Last edited by StorminMatt; 05-22-2009 at 07:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't shoot any Kodak films now, I found getting Tmax was becoming very difficult outside the U, living abroad & travelling so switched to Ilford films which are far easier to find.

For Colour I switched to Fuji more than 30 years ago because I prefer their films, even in the days of E4 their colour rendition was better suited to what I required, with E6 & C41 their films have been outstanding.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last color I shot was 4x5 Agfa RSX 100 and 35mm Superia 400. That would make me a Fuji color guy. But all I have in the fridge is Kodak E200 in 120 rolls, a few just in case the autumn colors are insanely inspiring.
    And Kodak for b&w (switching from Tri-X to TMY-2).

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Nothing but Fuji for colour neg - Reala and Pro400H when I can afford them, and I make do with Superia 400 for the other 90 percent of the time.
    Fuji seems to be so much easier to get, and I'm very happy with it anyway. I can't remember the last time I shot Kodak - maybe 10+ years ago?

Regards,
    Gordon
    *Minolta Maxxum 7 *Minolta Dynax 600si Classic *Minolta Dynax 5 *Minolta X-300
    *Minolta 28-105 RS, Minolta 50/1.7 (AF & MD), Minolta 50/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300
    *A passion to capture God's awesome creation

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a rule I like Kodak films, but Provia 100F is one of my favorite E-6 emulsions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Like many people it seems I mostly shoot Kodak for B&W and Fuji for color. However I shoot some Fuji B&W and some Kodak color, especially with Ektar and the Portras (when I can afford them). I have recently been using NPH instead of Portra because it is cheaper, and I quite like it.
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Come to think of it I haven't shot a Kodak film for about twenty years, Iv'e only shot Fuji, so I'm going to try some Portra, and Ektachrome the next time I buy film so I can compare them with the Fuji Pro 160S and Provia I usually shoot, It should be interesting .
    Ben

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin