Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,014   Online: 754

View Poll Results: What brand do you shoot more of?

Voters
174. You may not vote on this poll
  • I shoot more Kodak than Fuji.

56 32.18%
  • I shoot more Fuji than Kodak.

59 33.91%
  • I shoot both.

45 25.86%
  • I shoot mostly with another film company.

14 8.05%
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kodak or Fuji

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak or Fuji

Hi- I know I have come out with lots of polls, but I am just a curious person. Do you shoot more Kodak or Fuji Film? I am looking more on the color film end. I can't edit the poll, but where I have I shoot both, I ment to put and equal amount of Kodak and Fuji. I shoot all Kodak except for instant film, for that I use Fuji. I find all of the Kodak films to offer more natural and real colors. Thanks
    Last edited by Ektagraphic; 05-21-2009 at 03:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Fujifilm. If I ever shoot color.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most Fuji for color and most Kodak for B&W.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Colour, Fuji

B&W, Ilford (and now processing first ever roll of Adox).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I shoot it by which film I like. Right now I hate the look of digital so I like most films.

Shooter
    35mm
    As I'm trying to use Kodachrome whenever the slower speed is suitable for the subject, definitely more Kodak than Fuji for color slides at the moment. If/when K64 finishes, I'll probably go with Astia.
    No strong preferences for color neg, whatever's in the fridge for the speed I need.
    And Ilford for B&W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Almost exclusively Kodak for both black & white and color. On rare occasion Fuji, if I get a sample or the price is really wonderful.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Fuji films for color transparencies. I'm thinking of trying some Kodak Ektar 100 in 120 though, looks enticing. Then in black and white, almost all Fuji Neopan 400 and some Ilford FP4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot both Fuji and Kodak, I guess it's about 50/50. For 35mm Kodak wins the equation with Kodachrome. For MF, Fuji Velvia, Provia and Fortia SP are the most used. When I shoot colour, I usually opt for slides.

Adding C-41 to the equation would tip the scales to "others" (Agfa Optima 100) for MF and Fuji (Superia Reala 100) for 35mm.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have shot far more Kodak than Fuji films. I simply like better the colors from Kodak negatives. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that most labs out there use Fuji processors, Fuji processes and Fuji papers that are not optimized for Kodak films. I process my own films using a Jobo processor, Kodak chemicals and I scan my own films. When it comes to printing I print myself too with a Canon Pro9000 inkjet printer. I am not saying Fuji films are not good. I just like the colors from Kodak Portra VC 160 or 400. Have tried NPH, NPS and some Konica before. They are OK. But still the colors from Portra VC always got the praise. In my opinion processing is far more critical for good films to really shine. I screwed up in my own processing too often that I have no doubt that I know how good the result will be when it's done right.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin