Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,801   Online: 1071

Thread: Kodachrome 120

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Kodachrome 120

Anybody know who might process this? Dwayne's doesn't. I think Rocky Mountain may process it as BW prints. I just emailed them today, hoping for some joy there.

Rick

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    There is no one who will process it using K-14 (or any other Kodachrome process for that matter). I know there have been some attempts on this forum by others to process it themselves, but I don't think anyone was particularly successful. Hopefully they'll chime in and provide some additional information.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I tried. I didn't have much success though I'm convinced I could retrieve a usable color image if I had enough time. Your best bet is to slit it in half and run it through an 828 rollfilm camera. Dwaynes processes 35mm (or 31mm) widths.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well sorry to be the answer you don't want to hear but...

Yes, Rocky Mt. will process it as BW... which is a true waste of Kodachrome 120 ( oh those great 6x6 slides of yore). Kind of like having a Porche 911 and just driving it up and down your driveway

As for true color slide processing of 120 size Kodachrome... well to paraphrase a statement from a really nice and funny guy...

... "No one in this solar system does it anymore, outside of this solar system, the postage alone would be prohibitive..."

Now I too wish someone here on earth would do this again, do a search here on this forum and check the numerous posts about others trying to do home processing.

Maybe if enough of us shoot what we still have in our freezers, it may just be enough of a push for some one out there to do this ....

Anyway, BW yes, color no.
    Not here... , not in Canada, ... not in Europe, ...3rd ring of Jupiter, well the e-mail I just got about a month ago said the guy is on vacation till 2055

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Shazbot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hate to be heartless, but Kodak did give advanced warning that Kodachrome 120 would no longer be processed and in spite of that people held onto stocks of 120. Now, here you are.

My suggestion is not to rely on someone else hoping against hope that they turn something up. Do it yourself or give up. In the latter case, B&W is the best you can hope for. Sorry.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Skyrick,

Stephen Frizza, a poster on these fora, was planning to try processing this film in his lab in Bondi, Australia. I haven't read much from that quarter recently, see this thread for more. Don't get your hopes up though.
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    IMO, don't waste it for b/w pictures - sell it or give it away. Users of 127, Bantam, submini, and various other small-sized cameras could make use of it, as it can still be processed in these smaller sizes.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin