Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,692   Online: 963

Shooter
    4x5 Format

C-41SM Kodak F1&F2 minilab kit mixing for Jobo

I have access to local minilab supplier who has Kodak C-41SM kit chemicals for minilabs. Chemicals come in 2 boxes F1 and F2

F1 pack (Kodak #8740110) contains 4 containers labeled part 1...4
    F2 pack (Kodak #1173319) contains 2 containers labeled part 1 and 2.

How do I mix those to get working C41 solutions that I can use in Jobo.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    C-41SM chemicals are specifically packaged for SM processors. I don't think you can use it in a Jobo processor. You can look at Kodak's document here for information: http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/...ls/z101_01.pdf

Your local minilab supplier should have plenty of C-41 Developer Replenisher LORR and C-41 Developer LORR Starter. With these two you can mix and make your C-41 Developer. They should have C-41 Bleach and Fix in appropriate sizes for you too. You can pick up a bottle of C-41 Final Rinse and that's all you need.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Alloquating liquids?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
    I have access to local minilab supplier who has Kodak C-41SM kit chemicals for minilabs. Chemicals come in 2 boxes F1 and F2

F1 pack (Kodak #8740110) contains 4 containers labeled part 1...4
    F2 pack (Kodak #1173319) contains 2 containers labeled part 1 and 2.

How do I mix those to get working C41 solutions that I can use in Jobo.

Thanks!
    ================================================== =
    It's not hard to reverse engineer the mix. First you need to know the fluid capacity of the minilab's developer, bleach and fixer tanks. Next is to open the box and measure the contents of each individual bottle/container in the boxes you have. Write the amount of mL next to each bottle. Now the easy part.... If the machine has a 10l tank, just use 1/10th of the concentrate to make a 1 liter mix.

Box F1
    Part 1 (probably in 2 containers) Potassium carbonate
    Part 2 Hydroxylamine sulfate
    Part 3 4-(N-Ethyl-N-2-hydroxyethyl...... (big long name)

IF Box F2 may contain a red and a clear liquid, (bleach and fixer) or two containers of blix (same color). If contents are different, they can be used as blix (mixed together) or separate bleach and fixer.

Start there and let's see what you've got.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    >IF Box F2 may contain a red and a clear liquid
    According to Kodak Z-101 publication:

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/...ls/z101_01.pdf

Developer - is the the package F1
    Bleach - F2 (There's no dark red fluid in F2 box...?...)
    Fixer - F2
    Final Rinse - F1

But it does not tell which container it is ... overall 6 containers (in F1+F2 boxes) - 4 working solutions. Kodak developer is usually mixed from 3 components A+B+C. Overall

6containers=DevA+DevB+DevC+Fix+Bleach+Rinse

I just need to mach them up and know how much to dilute

SM is "standard" C41 4 component process. Here's Kodak reference for chemicals (sorry I do not know too much about chemical components):

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/documents...2/PF798ENG.pdf

Kodak publication Z131 for mixing:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/...ls/z131_01.pdf

Here's Kodak Publication Z131 for Flexicolor rotary developmet:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/...ls/z131_03.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format

C41sm

Well PeterK,

It looks like F1 is part A,B,C developer and D is the final rinse for washless process. You can ignore part D for now. F2 is bleach and fixer.

So what to do now is to open the boxes up and mark the containers A,B,C and put them back in the same place in the box. Then measure the contents of each container (in mL) and write the measurement down. If you can find out the tank capacity of each part of the machine this will be helpful.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dropped by near by High School and got mixing instructions and container labeling. Turns to be common practice to use C-41SM packs for small amounts of chemistry.

Thanks for internet wisdom!

C41 SM mixing instructions

Peter, did you get info that helped you sort out the SM mixing instructions for home (non-machine) use? I'm still struggling to find explicit instructions, hope you can help.
    Jim

Dropped by near by High School and got mixing instructions and container labeling. Turns to be common practice to use C-41SM packs for small amounts of chemistry.

Shooter
    35mm
    also wondering how to adapt Kodak Flexicolor SM to JOBO processors

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Can you share your findings? ? ?

Shooter
    35mm

Anybody actually using this method now?

Due to a series of unfortunate events (mostly getting frustrated trying to source c-41 chemicals) I have in my possession one F1 and 3 F2 minilab kits. Can anyone share their method of using these for hand tank/Jobo use.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin