Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,571   Online: 785

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Aristacolor Print Film from Freestyle

Hello- Has anyone ever worked with the Aristicolor Print 100 film from Freestyle? I need some 12 exposure rolls for my photo club and they seem to be the only option. Does anyone know what brand of film this actually is? Thanks
    Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No results yet, but I bought a 100' roll that I will be using in the next few weeks and I will let you know how it compares to my preferred film Portra 160NC. The latter is getting difficult to find in long rolls that I prefer. Long rolls let me fill cassettes with the length I need for the occasion.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Somewhere in my travels, I believe that I read that is is Solaris print film made by Ferrania. I should seriously consider a bulk loader.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Hello- Has anyone ever worked with the Aristicolor Print 100 film from Freestyle? I need some 12 exposure rolls for my photo club and they seem to be the only option. Does anyone know what brand of film this actually is? Thanks
    Patrick
    If you are interested, ultrafine online has several brands and speeds of 12 exposure rolls, ranging from 79 cents per roll for their own brand 200, to $1.29 for Fuji 200.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Somewhere in my travels, I believe that I read that is is Solaris print film made by Ferrania. I should seriously consider a bulk loader.
    which I would never bother putting through my camera. I HATE that stuff so bad.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    which I would never bother putting through my camera. I HATE that stuff so bad.
    What's so bad about it? I've never used it. I'm just curious

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check grain, color fidelity, sharpness and dye stability. For the latter you will need about 20 years for it to be valid, but by then, who cares. You saved some $$$.

I remind you that Kodak and Fuji have the cutting edge dye stability technology. All dyes fade, but theirs fade more slowly than anyone else's dyes. Ilfochrome is a print material and another case entirely.

So, go ahead. Save $$$ on pictures taken with an expensive camera. With other color films, they may not last. IDK.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Check grain, color fidelity, sharpness and dye stability. For the latter you will need about 20 years for it to be valid, but by then, who cares. You saved some $$$.

PE

dye stability is the least of my worries. I scan my color negs and process them in a manner in which I must not speak. Fine grain and sharpness is another matter, though. I like my color prints, darkroom or printed with dark side technology, to be sharp, detailed, and fine-grained. Ironically, I like the grainy (but still sharp) look of HP5+ in rodinal for my B&W stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, check out the magnetic stability of your media then. And good luck.

If you print them, the dyes may have a problem too. Image spread will give you blurry images in about 10 + years or so.

again.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Well, check out the magnetic stability of your media then. And good luck.

again.

PE

Yeah, I've considered, that, and I think I have enough backups to prevent permanent loss of any files on the computer (hard drive, external hard drive, and DVD). Hopefully I wont lose all three at once. I do keep the negatives in glassine sleeves from Freestyle, so I could always scan them again if I need to. Luckily for me, I shoot Kodak almost exclusively for color, so I think I have the dye stability thing taken care of. (I usually shoot Ultramax, but would like to shoot more Ektachrome)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin