Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,245   Online: 723

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Slide or Print film for a book/calender project

I am planning on doing a Book/Calender project based on my home town. I have a local business that is going to display and hopefully sell a couple for me. When using color film I use slide film 99% of the time. Having heard great things about the new Kodak Ektar 100. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they would have a preference to using slide film or print film for the project. If I go with print film I would just have it developed and scanned for me. Any advice would be appreciated

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I personally think that you will get better results shooting some slides. I would try some Ektachrome. E100G, or E200 (which can be push processed to 800 if needed) would be wonderful choices. You are in Danvers...I am down in Freetown near Newbedford. Please let me know how you make out! I would love to buy a copy from you!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ektagraphic

I mostly use Velvia 50, 100, Provia 100 and some of the Kodak E series. Plus some B&W. I develop my own E-6 but I may have my lab in Danvers do it for me just in case I get a couple of those once in a life time shots

Did you mean to say your near New Beffah? Just kidding of course. Danvers use to be called Onion Town. It's also the "real" home of 90% of the witchcraft stuff.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It depends what you're looking for. People shots would look nice on E100GX/Astia or Portra 160VC. Scenery would be Velvia/E100VS or Ektar.

I'm shooting ektar now and using it to print in the darkroom. I'm loving the results I'm getting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi stephen

you might want to shoot what you are used to shooting.
    often time people have trouble when they switch to something
    they aren't used to, and then have to deal with re-shooting.

is "light n' leisure: the purple building" still in danvers?
    20 years later, i can't get their commercial out of my head!
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think I will just stick with the E-6 films. As for the Purple building. They are still there on Rt 114. In another month ask me how many car dealerships are still on that strip. Someone has even opened a Lamborghini dealership

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You'll find Ektar to be a little less "slick" than slide film. I've used it, it's a good film, but it does not have the same gestalt as slide film.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    You'll find Ektar to be a little less "slick" than slide film. I've used it, it's a good film, but it does not have the same gestalt as slide film.
    Agreed. The old Ektar 25 might have had a fighting chance against chrome. But the new stuff just doesn't 'have it'.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin