Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,894   Posts: 1,520,897   Online: 1002

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak Portra160VC - not just for people

It's rare when you get enough light at a zoo to use Portra 160, but when you do, man, this is beautiful stuff...

In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's a great photo! I love it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Outstanding!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    how long of a lens were you using? 35mm?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm

Details

Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    how long of a lens were you using? 35mm?
    It's shot on 35mm, with a Canon T90. The lens was Canon's 35-105 f4 lens, one of the better zoom lenses ever made.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have to say that is impressive detail for a print film. I never seem to get as good a results when I shoot color. The last batch of Kodachrome I shot was rather unsharp. I think it must be because I scan the film with a cheap (Epson V500) scanner. In B&W, I get way better results by scanning even small analog prints than I do by scanning the film directly. I should get into RA4, or at least start having my stuff processed by a competent lab.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I have to say that is impressive detail for a print film. I never seem to get as good a results when I shoot color. The last batch of Kodachrome I shot was rather unsharp. I think it must be because I scan the film with a cheap (Epson V500) scanner. In B&W, I get way better results by scanning even small analog prints than I do by scanning the film directly. I should get into RA4, or at least start having my stuff processed by a competent lab.
    Yes, that would really be better than an incompetent lab.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I't's a fabulous shot with what seems to me to be very true colours. With a 105 and with the tiger filling the shot like this, I think you must have been quite close. How far away were you and what separates you from being the tiger's next meal!

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A brilliantly executed composition with Portra VC makes a stunning photograph.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm

About 10 feet

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    I't's a fabulous shot with what seems to me to be very true colours. With a 105 and with the tiger filling the shot like this, I think you must have been quite close. How far away were you and what separates you from being the tiger's next meal!

pentaxuser
    The tiger is behind glass. Fortunately, the glass was clean where I shot from, which is partly due to me being 6'2". The area lower, where all the kids are, was much too dirty to shoot through.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin