Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,981   Online: 844

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodachrome at dwaynesphoto, how long?

I sent over my first film ever of Kodachrome last Friday and is not back yet. It was a really good experience to find colorful subjects, and I am sure the photos are crap but still can't wait to see them! Does someone that uses him thinks this is to long of a wait? I ordered the $5 CD also, believe that was 4 business days? I am not sure how people that develop lots of Kodachrome do this if it takes that long, is it because I am a new customer? I must have screwed up with the form credit card info maybe?
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's only been a week. Patience.

My guess is that they do batches as film builds in quantity sufficiently, so it may be several days between batches at times.

I have 5 rolls to send (I'm mailing them home from Newfoundland to Saskatchewan first to save them the x-rays from airport security) and I expect it'll take 3 weeks or more in my case. You didn't state what country you're in which of course will make a difference, too.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Depending on where you're located you should count transit time. The CD adds 3 business days I think. If you hadn't selected the CD you would have it. I'm guessing most people don't get the CD because they aren't very good anyhow. If you figure a couple of days transit each way for regular mail, and 4 business days, I wouldn't expect to have it back in a week.

It's not that bad if you get the 1 business day turnaround on developing without the CD.
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dwaynes makes a very good job with my K14 slide film. Give them a try. Kodachrome slide film is great.
    My turnaround time from SouthAmerica ( Chile) goes around between 10 to 14 days, I sent my K14 slide film, around 60 rolls per year, to Dwaynes ,since A&I closed in 2004 his K14 process machine. Dwaynes makes every time an excellent job.
    Regards
    Matias

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks guys, I am in New York, I have the feeling roll will arrive next week base on comments, looking forward to see those slides.
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just count yourself lucky you don't live here in NZ... Exchange rate kills me, plus a week to get the film to Dwayne's, then a week to get it back, last time I foolishly ordered the CD and that took an extra week...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    did you send it directly to happy d's ?
    if it was through a 3rd party, it will be 2 weeks ...
    it is shipped to and from via ground service which is a few days
    a day to log in, a day to log out and a day to process ...
    you can always call them, with your bag # and ask for an eta ...
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm in the UK, and it's usually somewhere in the region of 14 days turnround.
    This is the process-prepaid film, which we post in the supplied mailer to Kodak, Switzerland, who courier the films to-and-from Dwaynes, then post back.
    UK Royal Mail say to allow up 3 days each way for mail to Swizerland, so the film is with Kodak/Dwaynes about a week including its two trip across the pond. Assuming that Dwaynes work a 5-day week, the film can't be in the lab for more than a couple of days or so.
    I'm happy with that timing....on the rare occasions my pics are more urgent, I just use E6 at local lab or processed myself.

Shooter
    35mm
    From here in California, it typically takes about six days to get slides back from Dwayne's. And that assumes I don't do anything that will take extra time, like getting a CD or push processing. I would think that the turnaround time (plus shipping) should be similar from New York.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Something must have gone wrong with the Post Office. I would get online tracking next time for only $0.62. From Massachusetts, it takes 5 days for one roll to be sent out and to come back to me. I would give Dwayne's a call and ask them if they even receieved it. Dwayne's is usually super speedy!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin