Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,958   Online: 779

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can you send to photofinishers like Dwayne's or Wal-Mart as E-6 and get processing? And, what about the black and white, does that take C-41 processing?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The Motion Picture Film B&W (Plus-x and Double-x) doesn't use C-41 it uses a B&W developer. Professional labs may offer this service.

ECN2 film can't be processed at a C-41 lab as it has a carbon backing which will contaminate the processor.

Emulsion

Quote Originally Posted by geoferrell View Post
    Can you send to photofinishers like Dwayne's or Wal-Mart as E-6 and get processing? And, what about the black and white, does that take C-41 processing?

Shooter
    35mm

Ektachrome 5285

This concerns the Ektachrome 5285

The processing in E-6 cine type developing machines is mandatory for longer strips only. If processing a long roll of several 100 feet’s in a minilab style, roller transport developing machine, it could (will) give problems with proper transport. Some rollers may have swollen a bit more than others did, and a degree of tension (or slackening tension) will lead to transport problems, scratches, crinkles or even ripped film. Cine type developing machine can compensate fluctuations of tension, due very different design of the racks much better.

For the usual 135mm 36exp. film length, there should be everything fine in minilab E-6 or home processing. These small variances in transport will not lead to problems under normal circumstances, the film is simply too short. Larger labs do (at least they did it in the past) use(d) these cine type machines anyway…

Regards from Germany,
    Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Note that Eastman 5285 calls for Process VNF-1, not E-6. E-6 will probably work, giving a bit higher contrast and maybe slightly off colors. I've processed earlier films designed for ME-2 in E-2 and ME-4 in E-4 with satisfactory, but not excellent, results.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's strange...I went back and looked, and it's true that they never call it a E-6 film...just "Ektachrome 100D color reversal". I was all set to order some too. I guess I could buy some and try it, but if it doesn't work, it's hardly any money savings.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No no no! Process VNF-1 is abandoned by Kodak. Ektachrome 100D calls for E6, nothing else. See http://motion.kodak.com/US/en/motion...5/tech5285.htm

Note that Kodak do reuse the film stock numbers. There might have been an earlier 5285 that was VNF-1, but the current product is definitely E6.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll definitely have to get some if it's been decided it will work fine for E-6

I use a Jobo CPE-2 with the Kodak 5L E-6 kit, and I'm addicted to Ektachrome!

I wonder if you order 100', they would send you a 100' roll that could be slipped right into my bulk loader... I'm probably dreaming

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 100' spools for 16mm are daylight type, metal with a square centre hole. Dont know about 35mm - didnt think 35mm MP film was offered in 100ft lengths now?

It's definitely the same process.

Kodak offer 64T in super8 cartridges, and this is processed the same as 100D. It's all E6.

Shooter
    35mm
    When I ordered a while back from Certified, I asked about 100' spools and was told they could load 100' lengths of short ends in an "eyemo" cartridge for a small additional fee. I think I posted here about that - turns out "eyemo" is some sort of small MP camera, commonly used as near-disposable "crash cameras" - not especially useful for bulk loading for still cameras as far as I can tell. I believe the standard 35mm full can is 400'. Unless otherwise specified, it's my understanding normally the various lengths of short ends come in the same (regular) can, taped shut (the can of short ends will obviously be less than 400', and therefore not completely full) - at least my short ends arrived that way.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You wouldn't want to destroy an Eymo - they take 100ft loads though.

They were made by Bell & Howell and are a wind up camera (sister to the Filmo 16mm and 8mm cameras) Often cinematographers prize these cameras because they are so compact, and can be extremely handy and can get them out of trouble for a difficult shot.

If you can persuade someone to part with one you are probably looking at paying $/£1000.

Don't know how available the reels are though - difficult I would have thought.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin