Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,570   Online: 1041

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    E6 films in C41 gives a high contrast negative image on an Ektachrome or Fujichrome film. These can give some pretty interesting results.

C41 films in E6 give an orange colored, low contrast positive image. These results are pretty useless IMHO.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    In E6 films, the sequence is B&W develop - re-expose or fog - color develop - bleach - fix - stabilized (again omitting washes and other ancillary steps). This gives a negative silver halide image that is retained, unlike in some descriptions above, until the end of the color develop stage.
    So what if you used the E6 color developer first, on E6 film, then bleached and fixed?

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ed;

You would get a very very foggy, off color negative. The E6 color developer is designed to go to completion and therefore will fog a film if used as the direct first and only development step of any process.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin