Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,331   Online: 972

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Arista E6 kit I used within the last year used a chemical re-exposure step
    blix came in 3 parts/bottles

it worked well for me and they just discontinued the Kodak E6 5L Single Use Kits

I haven't teated archival standard but I did but a tape a chrome on my window that receives direct afternoon sun.

It's been there for almost a year and although Im sure there is some fading it's not apparent ? ? ?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've been using the Kodak E6 kit in a Jobo Autolab 1000 for 5 years now with splendid results. Worth the effort of mixing 7 chemicals. The 7th is the final rinse.
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If the Arista kit is 3 solution that means: First Developer, Color Developer, and Blix. I see no place for Stabilzer in there or whatever else can be included for this purpose. If it is absent (IF < please note) then the slides are going to be subject to more rapid fade or discoloring. If the blix is inadequate, then the slides will suffer from a varying degree of retained silver, primarily in highlight areas (MQ silver is harder to blix IIRC) and this will give muddy highlights.
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but a search produced it. I'm considering the Arista E6 kit. I also have the Unicolor C-41 kit. It comes with stabilizer, so would that be useful as a fourth step with E-6 films? Or can one make stabilizer if one has Photoflo 2000 and access to formalin?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The E6 stabilzer must contain Formalin in it, or the Formalin must be provided in a pre-bleach step. If you omit this chemical, the film is prone to rapid fading.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is the concentration of formaldehyde in stabilizer? If it's just diluted Photoflow 2000 plus formaldehyde, I can make it. TIA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There have been several formulas, all pretty close and they did vary between C41 and E6 processes.

Here is the range:

Mix Photo Flo 200 as directed.

To 1 L of this add between 3 and 10 ml of Formalin, (37% Formaldehyde in water).

This spans all versions of Formalin Stabilizers used that I know of.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can I use aquarium grade formalin (37% sol) for this and do I have to use Photoflo or can I use Edwal LFN?
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no idea. Sorry. I would guess so, but it depends on whether there are other ingredients present.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If you cannot follow those instructions then make a stabilizer of about 10 ml of 37% formalin in regular Photo Flo 200 and use that as a final rinse.
    Am I correct that this means 10 ml of formalin (which is 37% formaldehyde)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin