Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,501   Posts: 1,571,718   Online: 962

Thread: Kodak Gold 200

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak Gold 200

Looks like my local Sobey's store (grocery chain) is getting out of the film business.Selling off their fresh dated at 1/2 price.I have 2 questions.
    #1.The product has been stored at constant temperature but not refrigerated.
    #2.Is this film o.k for everyday shooting?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The film is fine even though it has been stored at constant room temperature and it is ok for everyday shooting.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used this film for years (expecially when travelling) and always liked the colours it produced. I never found any fault with it.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used that film a lot in the past.
    1. They were not stored in a special refrigerator, they were just staying in a shelf, room temperature, but i did not buy loads of them just a few each time.
    2.It is ok, I guess. It is a bit strong on the red tones . Long exposures get heavy tungsten overcast. imo they are a bit grainy for 200 speed film and average sharp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm off to Sobey's to check...
    I bought a bunch of Superia 400 at Fortino's. Cheaper than anywhere else now. 5 roll pack nearly the same price as their PC brand. FYI

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't know if it's Canada wide Jeff L.
    Good luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have always found this to be exceptionally good film when processed professionally, but I'm not sure I can't say the same for every film made today. Even films I do dislike, like Kodachrome 64, have their ardent supporters, so it all comes down to what you'd be using it for. Everyday snapshots of the kids? This film is excellent for that. Brightly lit outdoor landscapes you intend to make 16x20 prints from? Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on what you deem acceptable. I would trust this film without hesitation for everything I do, but I simply don't make big prints.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I, likewise, have had decent results even when outdated a bit.
    "I, in humility, am willing to learn, when you, in humility, are ready to teach." Rusty Tripod

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin