Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,265   Online: 746

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnieVan View Post
    Attachment 60026

Hi All,

Here she is PR144-10. I bought the colorburst 50 today and started trawling and found this thread. Thanks for the links to modify was curious if the Instax worked as a possible replacement.
    Fuji Instax is basically Kodak Instant Film; Kodak licensed the technology to Fuji, and Fuji was never sued by Polaroid so kept on making the film for sale outside the US and Canada. For a while, Fuji film packs could be modified to work in a Kodak camera. This is no longer true.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anybody know anything about the TIP (team impossible project) or Summit for possible instant film production for discontinued products and would pr10/800gt/ace be manufactured?

Shooter
    35mm
    The Kodak Instant Film is completely different from Polaroid so I can't see the IP folks getting involved. It would be nice if Fuji manufactured Fujix film packs that worked in old Kodak Instant Cameras, but I just can't see that happening.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by StorminMatt View Post
    I don't recall seeing this in stores. But I vividly remember advertising for this. Did they actually advertise for something they never sold?

Kodak DID sell Trimprint Instant Film that allowed you to separate the image from the rest of the picture unit, but this was far different from the Polaroid peel-apart film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to confirm then with regards to the current production line of Fujifilm instant film there is no direct replacement for there discontinued 800gt/Ace film packs? I emailed TIP so would like to hear what they have to say from a purely positive standpoint it can only be good for them as there seems to be a untapped niche market for either the 800gt or the pr10 just my guesstimate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak Instant Film/Fuji Fujix Instant film works completely differently than Polaroid films. The only thing they have in common is the word 'Instant'.

Fuji COULD make film packs that worked in the old Kodak cameras but I doubt the market is big enough to make it worthwhile. After Kodak lost the Polaroid lawsuit I suspect people just threw away the cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a thread here somewhere that describes a method of modifying a Fuji pack to fit a Kodak camera. It involves trimming off a tab and using a neutral density filter over the sensor among other things.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There is a thread here somewhere that describes a method of modifying a Fuji pack to fit a Kodak camera. It involves trimming off a tab and using a neutral density filter over the sensor among other things.

PE
    Unfortunately, that style Fuji film pack is no longer being made.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder how it fits into their cameras then!

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I wonder how it fits into their cameras then!

PE
    I think they changed the picture unit size and no longer make the old size.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin