Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,496   Online: 1075

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Arthur,

If you do some searching on APUG about C-41 processing in general you will find some information suggesting advantages in terms of image quality using FUJIHUNT or Kodak kits compared to other third party brands. C-41 is a proprietary process.

Tom.
    I've been using Ornano chemistry and it's perfectly fine (both c41 and e6).
    There aren't any scientific works that says Kodak's or Fuji's c41 4 bath chemistry are superior to Ornano c41 4 bath chemistry.
    C41 is a standard process, it's not magic at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I agree, Karl! I've been using Tetenal for colour over the summer (2013) after years of realising that, when developing black & white - you can get away with murder with accuracy of quantity/ratio dilutions, timing and temperature. You get very acceptable results. For me, I'm no professional... very much an amateur and happy with my results both n B&W and colour so far.

I've just purchased a 5L kit of Fuji Hunt C-41 and was initially horrified with the micro-millilitre (joke!) measurements. Yes, of course we need to be consistent and uniform to produce good results... but you won't go to prison for getting things a tiny bit out!?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin