Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,273   Online: 949

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Fuji Hunt C41 X-Press Kit - opinions?

Hello,

I recently bought a used Jobo CPE2 processor and now want to start developing C41 film with it. I did some research here on APUG regarding C41 chemistry choices. It seems many people use Tetenal, but others stay away from it because of the blix and recommend seperate bleach and fix stages.

The 1 litre Tetenal kit is readily available at local stores here in Vienna but no alternative products. However I found a C41 kit by Fuji Hunt offered at Firstcall Photographic in the UK where I could order online. The Fuji C41 kit seems to have seperate bleach and fix and is even cheaper than the Tetenal kit! Cheaper, seperate bleach and fix - any disadvantages that I don't see?

I searched the net for a more detailed description of the Fuji kit but didn't find much, not even on Fuji Hunt's official website. Is anyone here using this kit and can tell me more about it?

- Do you have to mix the whole 5 litres at once or is it possible to mix smaller quantities?
    - How often do you have to re-use the chemicals to be able to develop 60-80 films?
    - How long can the concentrates and working solutions be stored?

Thanks for your help!

Shooter
    35mm
    Arthur There have been threads on the Fuji Hunt kit. The search facility on APUG isn't APUG's best feature but put in Fuji Hunt C41 kit into the search function and see what happens. Tom Kershaw in the U.K. is a user of this kit and might well respond when he sees this thread.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    I did a search before posting but didn't find much. The search result showed a lot of threads but not necessarily the ones I was looking for.

Shooter
    35mm
    Look for the thread started by Tom Kershaw It's called Fuji-Hunt X-Press C41 Kit Any Opinions?. I put in Fuji Hunt C41 Kit and Tom's thread appeared on page 4 of about 12 pages of results

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Found it! Will read this right away. Thanks a lot, Pentaxuser!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arthur,

That thread should give you a good overview of the Fuji C-41 kit. I should add that the kit seems to hold up to making smaller quantities of solutions at a time, inserting inert gas in the concentrate bottles after use.

Tom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Tom, thank you! That would have been about the only question left after having read the thread started by you and the manual/data sheet posted there. How long have you kept the concentrates after opening the bottles for the first time?

The only advantage of the Tetenal over the Fuji kit looks to be that the Tetenal developer is easier to mix (700ml water + 100ml + 100ml + 100ml developer to make 1 litre). Please tell me if I'm missing or overlooking something! I think I'll just give the Fuji kit a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arthur,

As I tend to have colour film to develop in batches I have used a kit opened last Autumn around April this year without issue. Mixing Fuji kit is fine, however, you will need some syringes (without needles) to measure the solutions as you'll be dealing with .1 ml measuring precision.

Tom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks again, Tom! This sounds promising. I'll use Protectan gas to be safe and I'll also get those syringes - where do I buy them, at a pharmacy?

Shooter
    35mm
    Tom I have learnt something here I wasn't aware of before which is how precise the measurement of the Fuji Hunt kits need to be if you have to measure down to 0.1 of a ml. So like Arthur I am also interested in where such syringes might be obtained?

Good news on its keeping ability. The period mentioned means that it last about 6 months and maybe longer.

Thanks

pentaxuser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin