Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,232   Online: 850

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Push Kodachrome or Not?

I stupidly exposed a roll of KR64 at ISO 250. The shots were outdoors in the streets, very late in the day but in fairly contrasty lighting, exposed to protect the highlights, primarily. I expect that means they'll be horribly underexposed.

The images will have some pretty cool compositions of a biker rally, closeups, some good faces, some good panning shots, etc, but it's not like my career or life will be over if the roll is ruined.

Dwayne's will push KR64 up to 2 stops (at $10.00 per roll). Should I ask for a one or two stop push, or just see how they come out underexposed, perhaps with some cool effects (shining chrome and everything else black)?

I'd especially appreciate comments from those who have had KR64 pushed by Dwaynes.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I personally have never have had Kodachrome push processed but I have always wanted to. I always forget about it when I am shooting. I would have a 2 stop push.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Kodak does not recommend push processing KR64 (only KL200). From what I understand push processed KR64 has a very noticeable magenta cast to it. If you think it's worth it, go for it, as the color cast is more than likely correctable if you're willing to scan the slides.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Push it. It will go somewhat red, but at least you'll have images. I posted a corrected example of K64 pushed here--

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/1...tml#post106868
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, guys. David, that one image is really nice, makes me feel fine about trying a push.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had it pushed one stop once - it turned out a smidgeon blueish green to my eye, but not horribly so.

Shooter
    35mm
    Speaking of bluish-green, what would make Kodachrome shot at rated ISO bluish-green? I took some shots about a month ago in the White Mountains that have a bluish-green cast to them. At first, I thought it might be the altitude (9000-11000+ft). But this was only with fresh KR64. The shots I took with KM25 from 2002 looked perfect, despite the fact that most of the shots with KM25 were taken at 11000+ft.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I personally have never have had Kodachrome push processed but I have always wanted to. I always forget about it when I am shooting. I would have a 2 stop push.
    I don't want to try it anymore.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm RF
    i've shot plenty of KL200 and PKL200 pushed to 500, it looks very unique. A bit blocked up in the shadows but the reds! Shot boxing, and you could Really see the blood. Gruesome!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin