Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,358   Online: 815

Shooter
    Medium Format

15 year old exposed C41

I stumbled upon about 8 rolls of C41 film that was probably shot in the mid 90's. Anything special I should do develping this? Longer development time? Shorter? Fix longer?

I'm using one of the 3 part "press kits" with developer/blix/stab. The kit is from Jobo although I'm sure they are all pretty much the same.

I've done a few rolls already all are drying. One came out looking perfect the other two are extremely muddy although some of that will clear up during drying I'm sure.

Storage was room temperature, in a ziplock bag, in a drawer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently found 40 rolls of unexposed film from the early 90's - film my mother had shot and never processed. We're talking Kodak Gold III, and cartridges that even had rust on them - I took them to my lab, and the vast majority turned out fine. They didn't make any special compensation, but the negs look good. They were kept in similar conditions and survived australian summers in a tin house. I'd suggest colour film has better keeping properties than you'd generally expect.

Also, my response was entirely unhelpful.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently bought a Rolleiflex 4x4 that had a roll of Kodak Gold in it so i developed it and the neg's came out good. I emailed the scans to the seller and he told me the roll was from a trip in 1992. (17 year old exposed film)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amatuer film is sold way before the peak aging for that very reason. Professional film will suffer much more quickly because it has been aged to the perfect color balance, etc, before releasing to the buyers for more predictable results.
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin