Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,483,008   Online: 758

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Summer of (Kodachrome) 64

Now is the time to use Kodachrome 64 exclusively for all our color photography.
    Is anyone with me?

Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPlatt View Post
    Now is the time to use Kodachrome 64 exclusively for all our color photography.
    Is anyone with me?

Chris
    Does this mean I can't shoot any K200 or K25?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'll be shooting some more before it runs out, but alas, it only fits in the little camera.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not unless they bring back Kodachrome 25 for one last bow.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You have to get me some, first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm almost tempted to sell the few rolls I have in the freezer. I got them dirt cheap on ebay, and now the prices are going through the roof over there....

Nah, I'll shoot it eventually.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPlatt View Post
    Is anyone with me?
    Yeah, about 300+ of us over at the Kodachrome Project....

I have about 1,000 rolls to go through over the next 18 months, including 300 of Kodachrome 25. Been shooting it steadily for 5 years now with a sharp increase over the past two years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yp6HARg7Fs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered ten rolls of K64 just before the announcement (sheer fluke) and got them last week. I plan to shoot them slowly over the next few months.

If I can get some more I probably will, but I certainly won't be using it exclusively. I have about 40 rolls of Velvia in the freezer that need to be used up too. Besides, different tools for different jobs.

Unquestionably I will be far more likely to use Kodachrome than I was in the recent past. It really is a beautiful film and the five rolls of it I just got back from Dwayne's, shot about a month ago in Newfoundland, are not a disappointment to say the least. The bright colours of Jellybean Row in St. John's look amazing. It will be awhile before I have time to do any scanning (I'm actually writing this from my cottage so the hardware is back at home) but these are images that definitely deserve scanning... and projection too. A slideshow is coming, but you'll have to come to Saskatchewan to see it.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot my last 3 rolls today (and also locked my keys in the car but thats another story...) I intend on shooting K64 until I simply can't find more to shoot.
    Last edited by athanasius80; 06-28-2009 at 07:11 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Bad grammar.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I have about 1,000 rolls to go through over the next 18 months
    I think that would last me the rest of my life!

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin