Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,922   Online: 1086

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tetenal E6

DKT-
    I was equally surprised not to have had a problem with the half strength chemicals, but again, for the landscape shots there wasn't anything that struck me as out of the ordinary (color, density). If I understand the process, the color developer and bleach/fix steps are "to completion" steps, so maybe thats why they weren't impacted because I added enough time. In fact, when I (normally!) use E-6 per the instructions, I'm not all that careful with these steps, as long as there long enough. I tend to be most anal about the developer step. Beats me, though. If the stuff was really dirt cheap (like B&W process), maybe I'd play around and experiment with different variables. It would be interesting to really know if the stuff could be used reliably for all applications at reduced concentrations (aka would save some big dollars in the long run) and longer times. But for now, I'm chalking it up to luck, and won't (intentionally!) do it again.

Thanks! Great info!!!

Here's another silly question... Can I mix the first developer as I use it? For instance, if I get a 1L kit, can I mix 500ml first dev and use within 2 weeks, then later mix the remainder in a second batch? Or has it started deteriorating as soon as the stock bottle is opened? Would the butane lighter trick discussed in other threads be of use here?

Edited:
    Never mind, I found the Private Preserve wine preservers and ordered some. Something that can preserve both my wines and chemistry, now there's a fine product!

I'll try it on a 1L kit, and if that works OK I'll try it on a bigger kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Brittenson
    Can I mix the first developer as I use it?
    Of course, you can. I always do, because larger kits are cheaper per run. The smaller kits (0,5l) do sometimes contain foil pouches that should be used up at once. Protection gas is only necessary for the developers.

I have split the 1L kits with success. Not fully confirmed, but the pro-level photo store I frequent (Glazer's in Seattle) indicates that the 500ml Tetenal kits are discontinued (Kodak dropped theirs a while ago). Looks like we're going to have to get creative if a small batch user (aka me).

"Private Preserve wine preservers and ordered some". What are these and from where ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by middlecalf
    "Private Preserve wine preservers and ordered some". What are these and from where ordered?
    Bought mine from Wine Enthusiast
    Product home page: http://www.privatepreserve.com

It was mentioned in the Chemistry thread IIRC.

Ordered! Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin