Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,264   Online: 1025

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst Printo regearing

Hi all,

I used to process RA-4 with a JOBO with satisfying outcomes.
    Not long ago I bought a used Durst Printo(1*Intro + 3*Tanks+2*energy therm+1*energy mot) to do volume work, in that I found a problem. The throughput time per bath is about 2 mins. It's obviously too long for a standard RA-4 process (45 seconds per bath).

My question is how to regear the Printo for standard RA-4 Process. Is there any source to get the gear needed?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to Apug!

The Printo offers four processing times: 0.75min, 1min, 2min, 3.5min

There is one gearwheel having 4 staggered gear rims. Four, coupling, gearwheels can be fitted alternatively into four hubs of different heights and distances to the first gearwheel, by that enabling the second gearwheel to engage in one of the four gear rims respectively.

Durst has listed at their site at "Darkroom Equipment" one "pinion". Maybe that is the set of four you need. Anyway, you should inquire at Durst.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot for the information.

I opened the cover of a energy mot and install it on the tank to get a clear view.
    I guess you mean by changing the "cog wheel" to get different processing time??!
    That cog wheel fits on the motor quite tight. Not sure if it's changeable??

The processing time marked in the pic is not correct. I'll upload a new one later.
    Last edited by kansasray; 07-02-2009 at 10:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not refering to what you call the "cog wheel".
    That coupling gearwheel (one out of a set of four) links that gearwheel with those staggered rims (in blue in your scetch) with one of those four cut open gearwheels driving the rollers.
    I assume that linking gearwheel to be that one in your photo from which a part of it is visible just below the blank drive shaft of the motor or its gearbox.

Keep in mind that I never looked inside a Printo, but rather talk based on two photos in an old Durst folder...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You could try running the Printo at 2 minutes if the chemicals are at room temp rather thasn 95 degrees F (seacrh for info about this from Photo Engineer, a regular APUG contributor - uses Kodak RA-RT Developer Replensiher and can process 45 seconds at 95 degrees or room temp at 2 minutes.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agx: I think I know the linking gearwheel you're referring to. Thanks man!!

glaiben: Got it! I'll check the threads from Photo Engineer first. Probably have a pilot run at room temp.
    Last edited by kansasray; 07-02-2009 at 10:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Be warned that the screw holding the wheel on is LEFT handed thread...I have the manual at work which explains if required?
    Cheers Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Dave, It'll be great help to have one.

Thanks in advance!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin