Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,346   Online: 873

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Alternative to C-22 Processing?

I have four rolls of Kodacolor X film that my father shot and was wondering if there was an alternative developer to the expensive C-22 processing?

Thanks in advance for any input.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It could be processed as a conventional black & white negative, but you definitely want to try a clip from of one roll before souping all the film. It's likely to have a high fog level and not produce images that are particularly usable. Perhaps PE might suggest a starting point? Perhaps D-76 for about 6 minutes?
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry, I'm rather new to all of this, what/who's PE?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some people have processed it by hand (not a lab) in C41 developer at 20°C, the colours won't be perfect, then bleach & fix as normal.

Alternately you could mix up the C22 chemistry from scratch, the formulae have been published. This is the best option if you have access to chemicals. Otherwise B&W in ID-11/D76.

Welcome to APUG BTW.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Some people have processed it by hand (not a lab) in C41 developer at 20°C, the colours won't be perfect, then bleach & fix as normal.

Alternately you could mix up the C22 chemistry from scratch, the formulae have been published. This is the best option if you have access to chemicals. Otherwise B&W in ID-11/D76.

Welcome to APUG BTW.

Ian
    Thanks for the info (and the welcome!). I searched for the C-22 formula but was unable to find it. If you have a link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have a link, but I'm sure it'll be on-line somewhere, it's not very complex. I have various C-22 formulae back in the UK in publications but I'm not there for a while.

It's possible I have something here but I can't scan it, but could photograph it & email to you, normally I scan & OCR. I do have 3 pages from 1961 on processing Kodacolor, by then it's C22

PM your email address and I send it in half an hour or so, I've already taken the photos.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've developed C-22 in B&W. It's not very good for printing but it's okay for scanning. I think I just used Diafine since I had no other times/options available. The film was only from the early 80s, though. Basefog wasn't so much an issue as all the layers of dyes still in the film making it all extremely low contrast to print in the darkroom.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    C-22 was discontinued in 1972

I've sent the formula to Michael, I'll try and OCR the images and post the formula here on APUG, it was published until the mid 70's in the BJP Almanac/Annuals.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If it was your Dad's shooting, spend the money and get it done by a lab. Don't risk it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Must have been old when it was shot then because the images on it were definitely early80s/ late 70s based on the ages of the kids in the picture (husband's family photos). Husband was born in '77 and he's much older than a baby in the photos!
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin