Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,661   Online: 817

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love Ektar 100 for 120, nice saturation, really runs the borders of cartoony imho, but I've metered at box and at 64, I prefer the 64 I think it provides a better coloring that pleases me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The reds and blues struck me as garish, and blue skies looked as if I had used a polarizing filter. If I wanted that effect, I would rather use a real polarizing filter than have a "filter" built into the film which I can't remove. It might be useful for pictures of flowers, when a saturated look is wanted, but otherwise I can't think of when I would want to use it. Certainly not as a general-purpose film.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not giving up on this film. Outside of landscape shots with big open skies where there is an learning curve, I have got great results at box speed and and EI 64.

I'm trying my Nikon F3HP instead of the OM2n and see what my results will be.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understand that with rangefinder cameras, the quality of the Ektar 100 photograph is greatly improved it the lens cap is removed before firing the shutter.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I understand that with rangefinder cameras, the quality of the Ektar 100 photograph is greatly improved it the lens cap is removed before firing the shutter.

Steve
    I've been there and done that.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post

Steve
    Very true
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now that's the kind of sky I am shooting for.
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Now that's the kind of sky I am shooting for.
    I didn't do any post processing, that's a negative scan from Walgreens. So your problem might be in your scanning.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you are right. I got the below results from my Epson V500 and they look great compared to the first post. Looks like I am scanning Ektar myself.

Ferris Bueller

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin