Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,547   Online: 950

Shooter
    35mm

110 film is still made???

While walking out of a gas station convenience store today, I saw something out of the corner of my eye that made me do a double take. Looking at it again, I confirmed that it was indeed 110 film hanging in the display! I did not pull it off to see what kind of film it was or what the expiration date was. But it was DEFINITELY a consumer grade Kodak C41 film of one sort or another (which most 110 film was throughout its existence). Does Kodak seriously still make 110 film? Why would they still find reason to make 110, but axe Kodachrome? Or has this stuff probably been hanging there for the last 15-20 years?

Shooter
    35mm
    I think Fuji still produce Superia 200 in 110.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Until short ago Ferrania offered their CN ISO200 film as type 110 and 126.

For their pictorial films they have been devoted to snapshot photography. So seemingly they found a market for these formats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know that 110 is still rather popular in Japan; saw both the film and some tiny snap-on cameras for sale in some bookshops alongside the Holgas.
    Guess they fall into the "toy camera" definition?

- Nanette
    www.nanettereid.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only thing left is some Fuji film that is only available to those in Japan.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin